Ticket allocation before order is marked as complete

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Ticket allocation before order is marked as complete

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Matthew Debouge
    Participant

Hi have this scenario.

2000 tickets for sale
    Checkout via WooCom
    Payment via bank transfer
    I check the bank account daily and update WC orders to complete once they have paid.
    When someone puts an order in for x amount of tickets the allocation of those tickets is taken from the 2000 tickets before the order is completed.

What is stopping someone from accidentally ordering 2000 tickets and causing my site to say no tickets for sale …..even if the order hasn’t been completed.

How can I get around this issue ?

Hi Matthew,

Thanks so much for reaching out!

I completely understand your dilemma.  One thing you can do is to place a limit on the number of tickets that a person can purchase to prevent something like this from happening.  You can add a Purchase Limit to your ticket in the Edit Events page.

Let me know if you have any other questions on this topic!

Thanks,

Jaime

Matthew Debouge
    Participant

Thank you Jaime.

Thats a good idea.

What is the correct procedure to re allocate tickets that have been purchased but not paid for in this situation?
    Does cancelling the order in WC re allocate the tickets back to available tickets ?

Hi Matthew,

You can cancel the order in WooCommerce and delete the attendees.  You can also edit the stock on the WooCommerce Product Page for that ticket under the Inventory tab.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Thanks,

Jaime

Matthew Debouge
    Participant

Again thank you for taking the time to reply. So just cancelling the WC order doesn’t put the ticket back into stock I have to also delete the attendees.

I don’t have to edit the stock on the WooCommerce Product Page for that ticket under the Inventory tab if I’ve done the above already?

Hi Matthew,

You are correct, there are a few different steps involved in cancelling an order/removing attendees.  This process unfortunately does not happen automatically, however it does give you the choice of whether you want to put those cancelled orders back in stock.

You most likely will still have to edit the stock after cancelling an order, to ensure that your numbers are still correct.  Here is our article on the Cancellation  Process, which may help to provide some clarity to you:

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/refund-cancel-tickets-order/

Please let me know if you have any other questions!

Thanks,

Jaime

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Ticket allocation before order is marked as complete’ is closed to new replies.