Tickets Being Sent Before Payment is Processed

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Tickets Being Sent Before Payment is Processed

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    David Ruszkowski
    Participant

Hello I have a problem with Shopp Tickets, it is sending the tickets to the users email before the PayPal payment has been processed. So if I begin the PayPal checkout process and just close my browser it sends the tickets like I paid for them.

Barry

Hi!

Shopp Tickets by default will attempt to generate and dispatch tickets as soon as an order has been invoiced.

This can be configured via a short snippet, however – if you add this to your theme’s functions.php file it should do the trick:

add_filter( 'shopptickets_generate_tickets_hook', 'shopptix_change_generator_hook' );
    function shopptix_change_generator_hook() { return 'shopp_captured_order_event'; }

Does that help with this at all?

David Ruszkowski
    Participant

Still sending the tickets before the payment is processed, even though I abandoned the order before logging into PayPal. I would also like to use the offline payment option, this is also sending the tickets right away, which is obviously before the payment has been processed.

Thanks,
    Dave

Barry

Hi Dave,

You’re absolutely right, please accept my apologies.

The fix I provided should work – but placing it in the theme’s functions.php file fails because the theme doesn’t load until long after the order events are processed by Shopp. What we would need to do here instead is implement the same fix as a plugin – and I’ve done just that to save you some time. It’s a single file plugin and you can either:

• Grab it in .zip format allowing you to upload it through WordPress’s  plugin admin screen like you might do with any other plugin
    • Or grab the source directly … you could save this locally – be sure to give it a .php file extension – and then upload it via FTP to your wp-content/plugins directory

Then simply activate it (should appear as “Delay Shopp Tickets”) and – hopefully – that will resolve this problem.

Let me know if that helps and apologies for the confusion!

David Ruszkowski
    Participant

Works perfectly. Works for PayPal & it also works with offline payment, it won’t send the tickets until I charge the order in Shopp. Thanks so much.

Barry

My pleasure, glad we got there and thanks for your patience while we worked through it 🙂

I’ll go ahead and close this thread – but if we can help with anything else please don’t hesitate to create new threads as needed and, if you have a moment, we’d also love to hear your thoughts on The Events Calendar in general over on our review page.

Thanks again!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Tickets Being Sent Before Payment is Processed’ is closed to new replies.