Help Desk

This week widget date translation

• Topics: 1

Hi there
    I am experiencing the same issues with date translation in This week widget as in this thread: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/widget-this-week-date-translation/

All my settings are correct – as are the po files.

Did you find a solutions?

I am eager to have this fixed, so I will be looking forward to hearing from you

Hi there Tilde,

Thanks for getting in touch with us! I’ll help you here…

Can you please let me know which language are you using in your site? I’ll try to reproduce this in my local install and hence find a fix.

Also, I see you marked that this was tested with default theme and no other plugins active. Did you notice any difference?

Thanks,
    Nico

Hi Nico

I am using danish as language on the site.
    And No – I did’nt notice any difference using the default wp theme.

Looking forward to a solution to this annoying problem.

Best
    Tilde

Thanks for letting me know Tilde! I could test this and develop a snippet to change this 🙂

Just paste the code below in your theme’s (or child theme’s) functions.php file:

/* Tribe, modify this week widget date format */
    function tribe_modify_this_week_date_format ( ) {
    	return 'j';
    }

add_filter( 'tribe_events_this_week_date_format', 'tribe_modify_this_week_date_format' );

If you want to use other formats check the available options here → http://php.net/manual/es/function.date.php

Please let me know if that helps out,
    Best,
    Nico

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team