"This invoice has already been paid" Message

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus "This invoice has already been paid" Message

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Helen Bae
    Participant

Hello,

I am trying to connect my company’s paypal to our website for event tickets. When we tested we got the following message:

This invoice has already been paid. For more information, please contact the merchant.

I understand this is a setting in paypal – however our organization is not willing to change this. Is there anything on the Events Calendar end that I can do to fix this?

Thanks!

Stephanie

Geoff

Hi Stephanie,

Thanks for getting in touch and sorry to hear about that notice.

As you noted, that is indeed a PayPal setting. While there isn’t anything directly in The Events Calendar that can change that, I wonder if you can use the Say What? plugin to change the translation of that notice to say something else.

Then again, that depends on the notice being a registered and translatable string, so perhaps another way to go about it would be to use a snippet, like the one we provide here:

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/change-the-wording-of-any-bit-of-text-or-string/

I am not sure either is guaranteed to work for this specific PayPal notice, but hopefully it gives you a solid couple of options to work with.

Cheers!
    Geoff

Helen Bae
    Participant

Thanks for the information Geoff.

Our concern is that we can’t seem to purchase another ticket now because of this setting. Does that mean we cannot use the Events Calendar ticket system if we have this paypal setting?

Thanks,

Stephanie

Geoff

Hi Stephanie,

Oh interesting! I wasn’t aware that was preventing your visitors from purchasing tickets — thanks for letting me know.

Do you happen to have a screenshot of the message? I’d like to check it out and run by my team as well to see what options we might be able to recommend.

Also, it it would great if you could also navigate to Events > Help, copy the system information on the screen and paste it here for me as a private reply — that will help me attempt to replicate the same issues based on your current settings.

Thanks so much!
    Geoff

Helen Bae
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff

This reply is private.

Helen Bae
    Participant

Hi Geoff,

I just tested it again with my company’s paypal after the update and i’m not longer receiving this message.

Thanks for your help!

Stephanie

Geoff

Heck yeah, that is so awesome to hear! I’m really glad the update did the trick and I appreciate you following up to let me know.

I’ll go ahead and close this thread but let us know if that notice or any other questions come up and we’d be happy to help. 🙂

Cheers!
    Geoff

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘"This invoice has already been paid" Message’ is closed to new replies.