This event has passed.

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO This event has passed.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    sagewebmaster
    Participant

I’m really sick of all the bugs and conflicts. Will be looking for another solution ASAP.

https://www.sage.edu/event/exhibition-one-ground-beetle-a-year-in-haiku-poems-by-melody-davis-and-prints-by-harold-lohner/2016-09-08/

Geoff

Hi @sagewebmaster,

I’m really sorry to hear that there have been bugs and conflicts. As a developer myself, I know it’s frustrating to manage sites where themes and plugins are not fully compatible with one another. That’s definitely one of the best and worst things about developing in WordPress: the fact that there are so many great resources available but that are built by different developers whose code may very well be correct but does not complement the code of another developer.

That said, we do our best to make The Events Calendar (as well as our other plugins) integrate with as many other third-party themes and plugins as possible. In fact, I see that we patched a conflict with the Black Studio TinyMCE Widget based on a report you shared in another thread.

While we’re committed to doing our part to make The Events Calendar as friendly to work with other plugins, sometimes it’s a double-edged sword in the sense that changes have to made in the other themes and plugins as well.

We hold ourselves to the WordPress standard when it comes to writing code and make sure the our plugins are bug-free in a default WordPress environment. Just to confirm, did you experience any bugs or issues in those conditions? If so, those are things we definitely want to tackle right away because that clearly indicates an issue on our end. Otherwise, the issue could be due to the way the theme or other plugins are trying to interact with our plugins — which is something we’d be more than happy to help troubleshoot with you.

It sounds like you’ve already made the decision to move on and I’m bummed to hear that. At the same time, I do want you to know I am happy to look into this and work with you on a solution if you are still willing to.

For example, I would like to start this “Event has passed” issue by looking at the end-of-day cutoff setting for the calendar because that determines when a day is considered over and can trigger notifications like this based on the time that is set. I would also like to check out your WordPress timezone settings and the timezone settings for the event to make sure they match up.

Let me know if that’s something you would be willing to do and I’d be happy to look into this with you. In the meantime, I really am sorry for the trouble so far but hope this at least helps clarify a few things.

Thanks,
    Geoff

sagewebmaster
    Participant

I owe an apology. Apparently our IT department doesn’t know what a network time server is. The server clock was eight hours ahead of current time. So…sorry.

That said, we’ve also been experiencing a conflict with the Restrict Widgets plugin. When Events Calendar Pro is active, the Restrict Widgets interface is unusable. We have to deactivate EC Pro, assign widgets to pages, then (hopefully) remember to reactivate EC Pro.

Geoff

Hi @sagewebmaster,

Thanks for following up — and no worries at all about the mistake. We all make them and I want you to know that we’re here to help when you need it.

we’ve also been experiencing a conflict with the Restrict Widgets plugin.

Thanks for letting us know! Have you reached out to the Restrict Widgets support team as well? I’ll certainly take this and share it with the team so we can look into it further but my hunch is that the Restrict Widgets plugin may also require changes on its end in order to properly integrate. For example, I just installed the plugin on my test site and was able to use the interface with both it and Events Calendar PRO activated. If you can provide me a few more details on the issue then I can keep trying to replicate the issue while you check in with the Restrict Widget team in the meantime.

Thanks!
    Geoff

sagewebmaster
    Participant

I’ve contacted the Restrict Widget folks but haven’t heard anything back yet. I’ve attached a screenshot of the behavior that Restrict Widgets shows when EC Pro is active. The Display/Hide Widget drop-down menu stops working, and the menu that you choose pages to display/hide widgets on falls behind the widget window itself.

It sure seems like a CSS or possibly JS conflict to me, but I’ve ruled that out by temporarily moving /src/resources/css/ and /src/resources/js/.

Another thing: on month calendar view, it’d be great if if the current day header (“Day Header” in your code) had a CSS class on it, rather than id=”tribe-events-daynum-9-0″. It’d be much easier to style.

Geoff

Hmm, interesting. The dropdown seems to be working well for me and differently from what you’re seeing:

Screen Shot 2016-09-09 at 4.04.57 PM

I checked the browser console as well and did not see any JS errors or other conflicts.

That makes me wonder if there isn’t something else that might be at play. My test site is a default WordPress installation with nothing but The Events Calendar, Events Calendar PRO and Restrict Widgets installed. As a test, will you please follow the steps outlined in this guide. It will help us narrow down if there are any other conflicts and, if so, where they are.

Let’s try that and see what we find.

Thanks!
    Geoff

sagewebmaster
    Participant

Thanks. I haven’t had a chance to do this, but will do and report back.

Geoff

Thanks so much, I appreciate the update! Definitely keep us posted.

It’s worth noting that our system automatically closes threads after 3 weeks of inactivity. I doubt that will be the case here, but wanted to point that out in case it happens. If it does, then we can always continue the conversation in a new thread.

Cheers and have a great weekend!

Geoff

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘This event has passed.’ is closed to new replies.