$this->daysOfWeekShort in Main.php still not fixed

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO $this->daysOfWeekShort in Main.php still not fixed

• This topic has 6 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Mister.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Mister
    Participant

Hi,

I reported this bug already in January: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/deprecated-4-4-daysofweekshort-shows-months-instead-of-days/

In the-events-calendar/src/Tribe/Main.php on line 2196 there is an annoying copy-paste bug.

Current wrong code:
    $this->daysOfWeekShort = Tribe__Date_Utils::get_localized_months_short();

Correct code would be
    $this->daysOfWeekShort = Tribe__Date_Utils::get_localized_weekdays_short();

I wait for this fix now since more than 2 month, and after every release I need to manually fix by correcting the core files.

Please address asap, this is such an easy fix.

Nico

Hey Martin,

Thanks for reaching out once again on this! Although the properties are deprecated (and will be removed in the future), you are right about the confusion in the code.

I couldn’t find this logged, but will do now and include the fix in the next maintenance release, coming out shortly.

Thanks once again for insisting on this, and sorry we lost track of your report,
    Best,
    Nico

Mister
    Participant

Hi Nico,

thanks for taking care of that.

One more question: As those properties are deprecated – how is the functionality then covered? Are there new properties for the day names?

Nico

No problem Mister (sorry I called you Martin before, my bad)!

I would use Tribe__Date_Utils::get_localized_weekdays_short(); in your custom code. Although it’s deprecated we are still using it internally. Some more changes will be done after the propriety is removed to account for this.

I’ve set the thread status to Pending Fix so it doesn’t get autoclosed + you’ll get a heads up when the fix is released 🙂

Best,
    Nico

Nico

Hi there Mister!

Just wanted to share with you that maintenance release 4.4.5 of our plugins is out, which includes a fix for this issue 🙂

Find out more about the release → https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-events-calendar-4-4-5-event-tickets-4-4-5-premium-add-ons/

Best,
    Nico

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘$this->daysOfWeekShort in Main.php still not fixed’ is closed to new replies.