There seems to be a conflict between Basel & Co theme and Event Tickets Plus

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus There seems to be a conflict between Basel & Co theme and Event Tickets Plus

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    bezec1969
    Participant

Hi,

Adding tickets to shopping cart doesn’t work when Basel & Co theme is active.

When I create a new ticket for my event (in the event’s settings) a new WooCommerce product is created as expected. However when I go to the event (in frontend), set number of tickets I want to buy and click on “Add to cart” button, nothing is added to the cart and I am greeted with “Empty cart” message.

When I switch from Basel & Co to another theme (including Twenty Fourteen), the plugin works properly and I can add the ticket to the cart. (Deactivating plugins installed with the theme has no effect, I have to deactivate the whole theme.)

I have set Calendar plugin to debug mode and installed Debug Bar plugin. Screenshots with results are attached.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Stepan!

Thanks for reaching out to us and for testing for conflicts!

First, could you please see if there are any console errors by inspecting the page before and after clicking the add to cart button? We have an article that explains how to do that here > https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/using-google-chrome-developer-tools/

Also, please enable WP_DEBUG and WP_DEBUG_LOG. This will create a debug.log file inside the /wp-content directory.

After that, try reproducing the issue a few times, so that in case there is an error, it will be saved into the debug.log file. Please share that log file with us so we can see if any problem from there.

Please let us know about that.

Thanks,
    Victor

bezec1969
    Participant

Hi Victor,

I’ve edited wp-config.php to enable WP_DEBUG and WP_DEBUG_LOG and tried to buy a ticket several times, to feed the debug log. I’ve attached the log file to this message (I had to add .png suffix as .log file was not accepted).

I am not sure where to look for console errors, to be honest, but here is a link to an event with tickets so that you can check yourself:
    https://www.bezec.eu/event/spolecny-vybeh-ve-stromovce/

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Stepan!

Thanks for following up with this.

Unfortunately, I don’t see the debug.log you attached. You can try compressing the debug.log file into a zip file. And make sure you send it to us via the frontend form and not via email reply.

I tried to inspect your page for console errors but it seems your WooCommerce settings do not allow guests to add to cart. So I can’t replicate the issue on my end if I’m not logged in.

Let me know about the debug.log file.

Thanks,
    Victor

bezec1969
    Participant

Attached is the zipped log file. Let me know if you need anything else 🙂

bezec1969
    Participant

Is there any news? Is there any additional information you need? Thanks 🙂

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Stepan!

First, let me apologise for the delay in getting back to you. We’ve been out on our annual team trip and we are slowly getting back to normal response times.

Thanks for coming back with the debug file. I could not find anything that would indicate an error from our plugins.

Could you please see if the empty cart issue happens with a WooCommerce product that is not an event ticket too?

If so, I’d recommend you get in touch with the theme authors and see if they can help you with this issue.

Let me know how that goes.

Thanks,
    Victor

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘There seems to be a conflict between Basel & Co theme and Event Tickets Plus’ is closed to new replies.