There may be an issue with the Event Aggregator server. Please try your import

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator There may be an issue with the Event Aggregator server. Please try your import

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Marc Campbell
    Participant

i have been having an issue where any changes to my google calendar will create a new event instead of updating the current one, i have installed the latest update in hopes it solves the issue but when i go to run an import i get the following error “There may be an issue with the Event Aggregator server. Please try your import again later”.
    i have tried disabling plugins and changing theme without success.

thanks

Andras
    Keymaster

Hello Marc,

Thanks for using our plugins and welcome to the forums!

I’m sorry about this issue with the google calendar import.

We have a known issue where if you change the date or time of the event in google cal, that doesn’t get updated in The Events Calendar. Is this the issue you are having?

If not, please share with me some more details so I can dig further into the issue.

Thanks and cheers,
    Andras

Marc Campbell
    Participant

Hello András thank you for the reply.

the main issue i am having is when a change is made on my google calendar and an import is run instead of updating the current event it will add a completely new event leaving the old one in place so i end up with multiple events.

my second issue is since i installed the latest update my scheduled import from my google calendar fails.

thanks
    Marc

Marc Campbell
    Participant

second image

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi Marc,

Thanks for sharing the screenshots!

Based on what you say I take that if you do any kind of change to the event, not only date / time, it will do a duplicate already. I’ll need a bit of time to investigate, I’ll get back to you on this.

Regarding the failed imports, when you hover over the red exclamation marks, do you get any error messages in the popup tooltip?

Andras

Marc Campbell
    Participant

Attached is an image of the import error

Thanks

Andras
    Keymaster

Hello Marc,

Thanks for checking that!

I will need to check this with the Event Aggregator team. Please give me some time and I’ll get back to you asap.

Thanks,
    Andras

Andras
    Keymaster

Thanks for your patience, Marc!

I checked with the team and they confirmed, this is a bug.

Good news is the fix is on the way! The code is waiting to be tested and once is passes the tests it will be released. Without any guarantee that is likely to come with the next maintenance release.

Could you possibly share a database dump with us? That would help us in the testing. Best would be if you could share it via some cloud storage service and share the link in a private reply. If you can, that is awesome. If you cannot, then no worries.

I am going to set the status of this ticket to “pending fix” and we will update it once the fix is released.

If you have any new questions or issues please create a new ticket and we’ll be happy to help you out.

Thanks and cheers,
    Andras

Marc Campbell
    Participant

This reply is private.

Andras
    Keymaster

Thanks for that Marc!

We will update the ticket when there is progress. Please hang in there.

Thanks for your patience!

Cheers,
    Andras

Marc Campbell
    Participant

Hi,

Just an update that since the last update i am still having the same issues but they have decreased slightly

Thanks
    Marc

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi Marc,

That is good to hear, thanks for letting us know.

I have checked the status of the bugticket which is in effect here and a fix has been prepared. At the moment is waiting to be tested inside out and if all works out fine the fix will be released soon.

We will update the ticket once there is news, you is you have the email box ticked, you will be notified.

Cheers,
    Andras

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Marc!

Just wanted to share with you that a new release for the Event Aggregator server is out including a fix for this issue 🙂

No action is needed on your end as this is all on our server side of things, but as always, we recommend you update to the latest versions of our plugins.

Please try it out and let us know if the fix works for your site.

Best,
    Victor

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The topic ‘There may be an issue with the Event Aggregator server. Please try your import’ is closed to new replies.