Theming question

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Theming question

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Brandon
    Participant

I’ve looked thru all your documentation, and dug thru the template files, but I don’t see what template I need to make the following modifications to,

Currently I am using your Calendar PRO Mini Calendar widget on the home page of a website I am developing, when you click on a day with a event or events, I want the information to appear in a popup tool tip instead of a list under the calendar. It seems like this would be a common request.

Can someone steer me in the correct direction on how I can make this happen?

Andras
    Keymaster

Hey Brandon,

Thanks for going Pro and welcome to the forums! Let me try to help you with this one.

If you think this is an idea worth implementing, then please visit our uservoice page and post it there. If it gets enough votes, then it will make it into a future release.

If you would like to have a popup like on the month view, then take a look at the wp-content\plugins\the-events-calendar\src\views\month\tooltip.php file, that could give you some inspiration.

Let me know how far you get.

Cheers,
    Andras

Brandon
    Participant

Okay, I’ve dug thru your tooltip and single event templates, and I’m looking for the javascript click handler to put it all together. Any suggestions on where I might find that piece of the puzzle at?

Andras
    Keymaster

Hello Brandon,

You can take a look at the tribe-events.js file. The highlighted section handles the tooltip:

https://github.com/moderntribe/the-events-calendar/blob/4.2.5/src/resources/js/tribe-events.js#L845-L904

Copy-pasting that section will not make it work yet, but it might give you some ideas on how to implement it.

Cheers,

Andras

Brandon
    Participant

Okay thank you, that’s kind of what I was looking for. The way it seems to me, is that I’m going to need to un-attach the current click event on the widget, and add a new click or hover event, that will pull up the tooltip. This section of the code highlighted in github gives me a great starting place.

I’m surprised more of your client’s haven’t asked for this out of the box, but I don’t mind figuring it out. Thank you for directing me in the right places to look for things. I may have a few more questions before it’s all said and done with thou.

Andras
    Keymaster

Happy to help Brandon!

I will close this thread as the initial issue has been resolved. However, if you ever need more help or have a few more questions, feel absolutely free to open a new topic and reference this one. We’ll be here to help.

Thanks and cheers,
    Andras

PS: If you like our plugin, we would be happy to receive a review in the wordpress.org repository. Thanks!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Theming question’ is closed to new replies.