Themer's Guide Questions: Overrides not working for single-event.php.

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Themer's Guide Questions: Overrides not working for single-event.php.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Clyde
    Participant

Hi,

I have followed the structure on the Themer’s Guide but I am getting an error. As a test I have tried editing /wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/views/single-event.php from the plugin directory and the changes take place perfectly.

However, when I try from my own override structure: /wp-content/themes/my-theme/tribe-events/views/single-event.php no changes are made or visible and when i use then nothing is visible at all /wp-content/themes/my-theme/tribe-events/single-event.php the changes do not over ride the existing plugin templates files.

Please let me know what the correct structure should be.

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi,

Sorry for the issues. I can help out here.

The correct url is:

my-theme/tribe-events/single-event.php

Are you using a child theme?

Can you confirm the theme you added the file into is the active theme as well.

Let me know and we can go from here.

Thanks

Clyde
    Participant

Hi Brian

Thanks for the reply. Yes I am using child theme and it is the active theme. Does that help at all?

Regards

Clyde Thomas

Brian
    Keymaster

Thanks for the information does it work in your Parent Theme?

And can you confirm it is in the directory:

your-theme/tribe-events/single-event.php

Clyde
    Participant

Hi No it does not.

If i put the single-event.php template in either the child or the parent theme, then nothing appears on my single event page.

Regards

Clyde Thomas

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi,

What directory are you putting it in your theme?

And what does this mean: “then nothing appears on my single event page”

Is that mean it is blank if a file is in your theme, but if you remove the file it works?

Also, I see you are using version 3.9.3 for the plugins please update to 3.10 for all the plugins as I cannot troubleshoot older versions.

Clyde
    Participant

Hi Thank you

That fixed my problem. I upgraded the events calendar plugin to match 3.10 of the pro plugin and now the templates are working.

Brian
    Keymaster

I am glad to see you were able to fix this issue.

Since the issue is resolved I am going to go ahead and close this ticket. If you have a similar issue or another in the future, please do not hesitate to create a new ticket.

Thanks!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Themer's Guide Questions: Overrides not working for single-event.php.’ is closed to new replies.