Theme Update | Permalinks

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Theme Update | Permalinks

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    worldgolfskills
    Participant

Hello. I recently had an update for a theme that I use and noticed that it slowed the site down quite a bit.

Previously, a similar thing happened when I adjusted the permalinks, which resulted in me having to revert to a backup to resolve the issue.

Do you know if a simple update of a theme can have an impact on the permalinks and if so, how to fix this issue?

Hunter

Welcome back,

Themes can most definitely have an impact in regards to speed and permalinks. Unfortunately, theme support extends beyond the scope we are able to provide through our forums.

I would recommend contacting the theme author about the issues you are experiencing – I wish I could be more help. Thanks for choosing PRO and good luck with getting your site running properly.

Have a good week 🙂

worldgolfskills
    Participant

I would think this would be an issue across the entire user base with regard to theme updates having major impacts on the speed of the entire plugin. I tested both before the update and even restored it prior to the update and there is a significant difference. I’ve reinstalled the update and have got the permalinks set to pretty and the speed is incredibly slow.

What would you do in my situation? Just not update the theme?

Hunter

Thanks for the response,

We don’t have any logged bugs in regards to the issues you’ve described and it sounds like a theme conflict based on the information you’ve provided, so unfortunately there is not much we can do in this situation.

Every site has a different environment, from hosting to themes and plugins. We test our plugins on the default WordPress theme and occasionally with other themes, but it would be impossible to test for compatibility with every theme. With that said, if the speed and permalink issues were caused by a newly released version on our end, we would most definitely be concerned and work quickly to resolve the known issues.

You may want to try and contact your theme author or look at the theme’s most recent changelog. There may be some information in there that points you in the right direction.

I really wish there was more I could do and I hope this clears up any misunderstandings. Please let me know if you have any more questions or concerns. Thank you for choosing PRO 🙂

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Theme Update | Permalinks’ is closed to new replies.