Theme Sidebars for Events disappeared

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Theme Sidebars for Events disappeared

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Jeffrey
    Participant

After many trials and tribulations triggered by trying to shift to a new theme after having a working basic Event Calendar, the custom event sidebar disappeared. I have spent hours fooling around doing everything, many times over, recommended by you guys and elsewhere on the internet, overridings, adding files to the theme folders and adding get_sidebar. Changing the template from tribe to page and back. Here is where I’m at. If I deactivate the calendar(and now I have Calendar Pro, I thought that install might clean something up, the custom event sidebar shows up with my custom widgets to search via calendar categories, venues, and organizers. When I activate the calendar plugin up comes the default monthly view and no sidebar. What now? J

Josh
    Participant

Hey Jeffrey,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

Can you give us a little more detail about how the sidebar has been created? Is the sidebar showing on any of the other event views such as the single event view? If it isn’t showing up anywhere, it could be due to the customized views not being picked up and overwriting the default views. If it is showing on some, it could be due to a positioning issue in where get_sidebar is called.

Thanks!

Jeffrey
    Participant

Where in your default template should I put the get sidebar code? Right now, since I purchased your filter bar, the sidebar now shows at the bottom of the page below the month calendar view. I put the code at the end of the template. Obviously I am not a PHP experts. J

Josh
    Participant

Hey Jeffrey,

It sounds like you have the code added in the correct place.

When adding to our templates, it won’t necessarily create the layout you’re looking for. It will only add it to the template. You’ll need to take a look at how your main pages are created with their sidebars and duplicate that structure on the default event template.

This will make sure that each section, the main calendar and the sidebar get the necessary classes associated with how your theme handles the sidebar width and float.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Theme Sidebars for Events disappeared’ is closed to new replies.