Theme Not Changing

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Theme Not Changing

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    John
    Participant

I am unable to change the theme.

Courtney

Hi John,

Can you help me understand a little bit more of what you are trying to do? Does using our plugin prevent you from changing your WordPress theme?

Hoping to help you resolve this soon.

Thanks,
    Courtney 🙂

John
    Participant

I would like to change the calendar theme not the WordPress theme. If you look at http://www.lacrmx.net/events/
    You will see that the calendar is difficult to see because it is dark. I thought when I bought the Pro version that I would be able to change the theme. Without having to know ccs style sheet coding. There is a screen shot below where you should be able to change that. Also I have installed another calendar to show you what I am talking about http://www.lacrmx.net/calendar/

Courtney

Ah, thanks for clarifying John 🙂

I’d start with testing how your /events page when you change these settings: Events » Settings » Display » Default stylesheet used for events templates & Events template.

After that, there are other ways to modify the look of your events.

1. Start by modifying what you can at Appearance » Customize » The Events Calendar.
    2. Typically, don’t change the theme or plugin’s css files, they will be overwritten on updates. To avoid this, follow the steps outlined in Themer’s Guide
    3. Use overriding CSS files, or add CSS to your site using Appearance » Customize » Additional CSS.
    4. Use !important before a semicolon to override every css rule. It’s a brute force method, but works for quick fixes.
    5. Please check out this Customizing WordPress #2 – Using Chrome Developers Tools YouTube video in addition to our Using Chrome Developer Tools tutorial on how to easily make changes using CSS.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks,
    Courtney 🙂

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Theme Not Changing’ is closed to new replies.