Theme conflict

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Theme conflict

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Gil

Hi,

I downloaded the Events Calendar plug-in to see how it would work on my client’s website. I am also looking at getting Events Ticket Plus to manage their ticket sales.

I am having issues with the customization. There seems to be a conflict with the theme I am using (Composer). The Composer overrides the options and I can’t make any colour changes. The headings are shown Lnk colour, filter bar colour…etc) , but not the option of choosing the colors. Is there a fix for this?

BTW, I did try it on another theme and it shows all the Customize options.

Thanks
    Gil

Geoff B.

Good evening Gil and welcome to the Events Calendar forum!

Thank you for your interest in our products.
    We’ll be glad to answer your questions.

Ideally, I would need a copy of the theme to investigate this.

Could you please send me a copy of the latest version of your WordPress theme / child theme via a link to a .zip file link (stored Dropbox or Google Drive) so that I can run some tests on my end ? I recommend the following non-reply email for that purpose: [email protected]

Please ensure you are using the latest files as found on your actual website.
    This way I will get access to any updates or customizations you might have made.

The good news is that there are other ways to gain full power on your site’s look and feel, there  I would highly recommend the following:

Hang in there!

Geoff B.

Gil

Thanks for links. It seems the theme CSS of the overrides all the other CSS by default. I ended up modifying the layout around around the colours of the theme.

I did not open up tribes-events.css, but will experiment with that.

Thanks
    Gil

Geoff B.

Good evening Gil,

I am mostly glad you were able to find a solution that works for you.

You are welcome back in our support forums any time 🙂

Have a fantastic holiday season!

Geoff B.

gt90
    Participant

Hi Geoff,

The calendar is working nicely with the work around.

Another question I had was how do you display the past and following months at the top of the calendar.Currently it only displays at the bottom. I am using Events Calendar and Event Tickets Plus.

Thanks,
    Gil

Geoff B.

Good evening Gil and happy new year!

I am sorry for the belated answer. I was out for the holiday season.

I had was how do you display the past and following months at the top of the calendar.Currently it only displays at the bottom.

The simplest way to do this is to create a template (view) override.
    You might want to read our Themer’s guide to get a sense of how that works.

Simply put:

1. Find the single view file that (single.php)
    2. Look for the tribe-events-sub-nav element and make a clone of it above the content
    3. Save the file
    4. Upload it in your theme’s folder according to the path specified in the header comment description of that file

Let me know how that goes.

Best regards,
    Geoff B.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Theme conflict’ is closed to new replies.