Theatre events

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Theatre events

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Lynden Jones
    Participant

I am working on a theatre website that will show events from a range of theatres in the area.
    Most theatre events are recurring but the recurrence doesn’t suit all theatres.
    For example this theatres events are:
    Thu – Sat 7:30pm
    Sun 5pm

Is there a way to do the recurrence for thur – sat?
    Do I need to enter the sunday event in again and recur it weekly?

Julie Kuehl
    Participant

Hey amandaveeenhuis,

Right now the way Events Calendar PRO handles recurring events, yes, you would have to enter Sunday separately from the rest. We considered recurring events has having a regular structure when we built it. However, our users, like yourself, have made it clear that the world is not so neat and we are actively working on what I’ll call “irregular recurrence” for events. So while you might need to enter this as essentially two separate events at the current time, that may change at some point in an upcoming release.

Does that make sense?

– Julie

Casey
    Participant

Hey! I just wanted to follow up and see if you’re all set here or if you still have further questions. Just let me know if you need further help or if I should go ahead and close out this thread. Thanks! πŸ™‚

-Casey-

Lynden Jones
    Participant

Thank you

Casey
    Participant

Great! Thanks for confirming that this got you sorted. Since it looks like you’re all set, I’m going to mark this thread “Answered” and close it out.

By the way, if you have a minute or two, we would love it if you’d write a few words for us here: http://wordpress.org/support/view/plugin-reviews/the-events-calendar?filter=5

Thanks in advance. πŸ™‚

Cheers,
    Casey

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Theatre events’ is closed to new replies.