Help Desk

The small calendar on phones does not link to the day.

We don’t want the list view. And by the way, there’s a bug, when that view is unselected in the Display settings, the option to show that as the mobile view should not show up.

Anyway, the small calendar that shows on mobile is not the same as the widget calendar but it’s really confusing to us.

When I see a dot indicating that there are events on that day, I either expect it to scroll to the content below or I expect to go to the day (like the min-calendar). How can we get this functionality?

Hi wescole,

Thanks for reaching out!

there’s a bug, when that view is unselected in the Display settings, the option to show that as the mobile view should not show up.

You are absolutely right. I will ticket this and let the devs know.

the small calendar that shows on mobile is not the same as the widget calendar but it’s really confusing to us.

Yes, the main calendar is not exactly the same as the widget. Even though they look quite similar in mobile view.

When I see a dot indicating that there are events on that day, I either expect it to scroll to the content below or I expect to go to the day

I just tested this on my mobile and both the main calendar and the widget worked the same way for me. When I tap on a day with a dot, then the events of that day will be listed below the calendar.

I created a screen recording about that. The top one is the month view of the default calendar, the bottom one is the widget, and they have the same functionality.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/g317vnphn9q88ov/month-view-vs-mini-calendar.mp4?dl=0

If this is not what you meant, or your mini calendar works differently, then please share a screen recording with me or a url where the functionality is visible so I understand better.

Thanks and cheers,
    Andras

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Hi there

Just wanted to share with you that a new release of our plugins is out, including a fix for this issue 🙂

Find out more about this release →  https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-for-the-week-of-22-october-2018/

We apologize for the delay and appreciate your patience while we worked on this.

As always, we suggest to setup a dev/staging site so you can make all plugin updates without disrupting the live site.

Please update the plugins and see if the fix works for your site.

Thanks
    Courtney

The topic ‘The small calendar on phones does not link to the day.’ is closed to new replies.