The plugin is distorting the footer

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions The plugin is distorting the footer

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Luciana

Hi!

The plugin is distorting the footer of our new website. It is only distorted on the Events page. Not anywhere else! I already searched this topic and have done the following, nothing changed.

Events > Settings > Display tab > Events template dropdown > Default Events Template

Can someone help me find the issue?

Thanks!

George
    Participant

Hey Luciana,

Thanks for reaching out! Sorry to hear about these issues.

When you mention trying out the “Events template” options, do you mean you have tried out every template option listed there, and none of the templates look any better?

If you have not done this, I would recommend doing so and letting us know if any template looks better than others.

In the meantime, can you also post links to pages on your site where we can see the distorted footer firsthand? I’ll take a look and try to identify the problem.

Also, it doesn’t currently appear that you have a premium license with us. If this is wrong, and you do have a premium license with us, then apologies for my misunderstanding! Can you log into your account on this site that has a license key, and post all follow-up replies from that account on this thread?

Thanks!
    George

Luciana

Hi George,

Thanks for the quick response. I tried the three events templates available in the drop down, and they all show the same distorted footer. Only on the events page, so I removed the ‘Events’ tab from the navigation menu, but it is still public (link below). I do not have a premium license yet.

http://therootsfound.org/calendar/

George
    Participant

Thanks for the followup Luciana!

Since you do not have a premium license, I unfortunately cannot provide much support here and may have to redirect you to our free support forums.

However, I will still try once more to help! 😀 I looked at your site and did not see any distortions of the footer. Can you share links to specific pages on your site where the footer is distorted?

Also, can you share screenshots of the distortion where you see it? You can do so by uploading the screenshots to this thread. If you have issues with that, you can upload to Imgur.com, Flickr.com, CloudUp.com, or any similar image-hosting site; then just share the links to those images here and I’ll take a look.

Thanks!
    George

Luciana

Hi George,

Thanks for trying to help, even though I don’t have a premium license yet. I’m attaching a screenshot of a page where the footer looks fine (three columns) and on the calendar page, where the footer is distorted (the columns fall below each other)

Thanks again!! 🙂

Footer Distorted
    Good footer

George
    Participant

Thanks for the images, Luciana! Sorry I missed that discrepancy on my first look. 😀

Try adding the following CSS to the bottom of your theme’s style.css file:

body.post-type-archive-tribe_events div.footer-widget:first-of-type {
    margin-left: 0;
    margin-right: 5%;
    width: 45% !important;
    }

body.post-type-archive-tribe_events div.footer-widget {
    margin-left: 5%;
    width: 20% !important;
    }

☝️ It’s not absolutely exactly the same layout as the “working” footers, so you can play around with the various percent values in the code above if you want to tweak the width of things. But this should help!

Cheers,
    George

Luciana

George, you’re awesome! thank you — it worked!! I appreciate you taking the time to help me out with this issue.

George
    Participant

Sure thing! 😀

I’ll close this thread for now, but wish you the best of luck with your project.

Cheers,
    George

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘The plugin is distorting the footer’ is closed to new replies.