The plugin generated 262 characters of unexpected output…

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events The plugin generated 262 characters of unexpected output…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    mrjarbenne
    Participant

When I activate the plugin I get this error: The plugin generated 262 characters of unexpected output during activation. If you notice “headers already sent” messages, problems with syndication feeds or other issues, try deactivating or removing this plugin.

Errors like this usually indicate that there are trailing spaces at the end of your php files. I did a manual scan of a number of the files and found that to be the case. In some instances you have omitted the closing php tag (this is fine, the closing tag isn’t required), but in others you have not. In the files where the closing tag is missing, there seems to be a trailing space at the end of the file that may cause “headers already sent” errors.
    Here are the spaces I found. There may be others:
    tribe-community-events-schema.class.php trailing space at the end
    tribe-community-events-template-tags.php trailing space at the end
    Every file in wp_router directory has an extra space at the end
    edit_organizer.php
    edit_venue.php
    event_list.php
    Although this doesn’t seem to affect functionality, it is something that it looks like a few other forum contributors have submitted. The error does give the end user pause.

Cheers.

Casey
    Participant

Jared,
    Thanks so much for bringing this to our attention. I’m going to pass this along to our DEV team for them to review. I’ll keep you posted.

Thanks again!

Casey
    Participant

Jared,
    It looks like this is definitely an issue and will be fixed in the next release, so thanks for bringing it to our attention. Our developers mentioned that if you have WP_DEBUG turned off, then you won’t see this message (which is probably why only a few users have reported this), and the doesn’t affect the plugin’s functionality.

So, we’ll definitely have this fixed in the next release. Thanks again for bringing it to our attention!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘The plugin generated 262 characters of unexpected output…’ is closed to new replies.