The page "Events" uses the "/events" slug: the Events Calendar plugin will show

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO The page "Events" uses the "/events" slug: the Events Calendar plugin will show

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Simon Groves
    Participant

Hi

We use the ECP plugin which is great. We’ve updated the version but keep getting the message:

The page “Events” uses the “/events” slug: the Events Calendar plugin will show its calendar in place of the page.

Edit the page slug or edit The Events Calendar settings.

But the calendar is on the events page and I can’t clear this message.

Is there something I need to do?

Cliff

Hi Simon. Are you seeing this message?

Screenshot 2015-09-21 15.10.05

If this is your issue, you can just delete this WordPress page (assuming it’s unused).

The Events Calendar automatically “takes over” the slug it’s set to in the plugin’s settings. Since the plugin settings is set to display the calendar at the “events” slug, the message you’re seeing is just a helpful tip telling you that this page’s content will NOT be displayed.

You can either delete the page or go to the plugin’s settings and change it to something else, like “calendar”, in which case your PAGE will be at /events and the plugin will be displayed at /calendar

I’m curious to hear back once you decide which way to go.

David
    Participant

I’ve got the same message on my site. I’m sorry, but your instructions are not clear to me. Do you mean I should delete the empty page I have titled “Events”? I also have under Events Settings > General, I have Events URL slug = “events”. Can you clarify which of these I need to change please?

Cliff

David, thanks for joining the conversation.

I’ve got the same message on my site. I’m sorry, but your instructions are not clear to me. Do you mean I should delete the empty page I have titled “Events”?

Yes! Delete that empty /events page.

Once deleted, then visit yoursite.com/events and you should STILL see the calendar even though there’s not technically a WordPress page at that slug.

Let me know how it goes for you too.

Simon Groves
    Participant

Thanks for the reply but sadly deleting the page means people can’t access the page through the navigation

Unfortunately, that doesn’t appear to resolve the issue for me

livcoit
    Participant

I’ve got the same message on my site, which started showing after the last plugin update.

livcoit
    Participant

Also, when I click on the link on the message to “edit the Events Calendar settings”, I get an error: You do not have sufficient permissions to access this page, even though I am an admin.

The Events Calendar Settings
    The page “Events” uses the “/events” slug: the Events Calendar plugin will show its calendar in place of the page.
    Edit the page slug or edit The Events Calendar settings.

Cliff

Simon, you have 2 options:

1. Leave it as-is. The error/warning message only displays inside wp-admin.
    2. Delete the page, delete the menu item, and add a custom menu link to yoursite.com/events (or whatever you set it to)

Let me know what you decide to do.

===

Kristy, would you mind opening up a new topic here about your issue? If you could please detail in your own words exactly what your problem is (instead of just linking here), that will go a long way toward helping you get this issue resolved as fast as possible. I hope you understand our reasoning here and do not mind this extra step, we have just found it serves our users best.

Additionally, please include your system information as a private reply (after you create the initial forum topic).

You can find the system info by going to WP Admin > Events > Settings, clicking on the “Help” tab, and scrolling down to the ‘System Information’ box. (Or by going to [yoursite]/wp-admin/edit.php?post_type=tribe_events&page=tribe-events-calendar&tab=help).

That will give me a lot of extra information to help diagnose the problem.

Simon Groves
    Participant

Thanks Cliff,

If I’m totally honest, I don’t feel leaving the message is a viable solution. Now I’ve seen i’m not the only one makes me think this issue needs to be addressed. Like Kirsty, the link within the text takes me to a page about not having suitable permissions, so I think there is an issue there too

I guess it’s over to you guys for a solution please

Cliff

Simon and Kristy, I experienced the same issue with the link to edit the Events plugin’s settings from that error message.

It links to /wp-admin/edit.php?post_type=tribe_events&page=the-events-calendar#tribe-field-singleEventSlug but actually should link to /wp-admin/edit.php?post_type=tribe_events&page=tribe-events-calendar#tribe-field-eventsSlug

Kristy, you do not need to create a new ticket… but if you did already, that’d actually be a good thing. 🙂

I have filed this link as a bug report for our developers. Thank you for bringing it to our attention!

For now, the workaround would be to manually navigate to wp-admin > Events > Settings > General tab > and find the “Events URL slug” setting.

===

<b>Simon,</b> if you do not want to see the error notice (I wouldn’t either) — Option 1 — then please follow my Option 2.

Let me know how Option 2 goes for you or if you need additional assistance with the instructions I provided previously.

Thanks to both of you!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Geoff

Hey there,

Great news–we have a fix for this issue ready and it will be shipping today in version 4.0.2. Please keep your eyes peeled for the update and let us know if any other issues pop-up in a new thread and we’d be happy to help.

Thanks again for your patience while we worked on this!

Cheers,
    Geoff

Leah

Hi there,

I wanted to drop in here and let you know that a fix for this problem is included in our upcoming release. Keep an eye on your Updates page for the new version and watch our blog for the release notes post.

If you experience any issues after updating your plugins to the new versions, please open a new thread in the forum and we’d be happy to take a look.

Thank you for your patience while we expand and improve our plugins!

Best,
    Leah

Leah

Hi there,

I wanted to drop in here and let you know that a fix for this problem is included in our upcoming release. Keep an eye on your Updates page for the new version and watch our blog for the release notes post.

If you experience any issues after updating your plugins to the new versions, please open a new thread in the forum and we’d be happy to take a look.

Thank you for your patience while we expand and improve our plugins!

Best,
    Leah

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The topic ‘The page "Events" uses the "/events" slug: the Events Calendar plugin will show’ is closed to new replies.