The latitude and longitude for your venue could not be fetched. The Google Maps

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO The latitude and longitude for your venue could not be fetched. The Google Maps

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Sally Richardson
    Participant

Full message: The latitude and longitude for your venue could not be fetched. The Google Maps API daily query limit has been reached!
    Underneath it says: Venue updated. View venue.
    It is not, however, fixed.
    I read this thread:

https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/issues-with-map-and-google-api/

What is the current status?
    My hosting is with InMotion. Do I need to talk to them about my IP address or how can I resolve this?
    Incidentally, our usage is extremely small!

Many thanks!

Caroline

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out–so sorry to hear that you’re having some issues with your Google Maps here! This type of error most commonly occurs when a Google Maps API key has not been entered in the plugin settings, as the absence of a unique key greatly limits the number of queries that can be processed on your site. Can you confirm that you’ve created a unique Google Maps API key and entered it into the appropriate fields under the APIs tab in your plugin settings? Let us know what you’re able to find out after taking a look!

Thank you!

Lars
    Participant

This is absolutely hell – on Google API console the usage says 127 (java) 67 (location) and still we get the: “The latitude and longitude for your venue could not be fetched. The Google Maps API daily query limit has been reached!” message. Google support has no idea other than pointing us at the costly direction (e.g 8.500 euros).

What’s going on with the update that should “fix” the things causing this, and you announces late 2016?

We have restricted to domain, and even restricted the api/key to the verified domain “allow” in Google console.

Caroline

Hi Lars,

Thanks for taking the time to reach out, and I’m so sorry to hear that you’re having issues with Google Maps on your site. Would you be so kind as to open a new thread with as many details as you can provide on your issue? One of our team members will be more than glad to take a closer look and see what they can do to assist! I’m going to go ahead and close this thread, since the original poster appears to have had their problem resolved–we’ll see you over in your new thread! 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘The latitude and longitude for your venue could not be fetched. The Google Maps’ is closed to new replies.