The Google Maps API daily query limit has been reached

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO The Google Maps API daily query limit has been reached

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    charrame
    Participant

Hi,

This message appears ” The latitude and longitude for your venue could not be fetched. The Google Maps API daily query limit has been reached!”

What Can I do? Whats the problem?

thanks

Barry

Hi Charrame,

I’m sorry to hear you’ve hit up against some difficulties here.

The Google Maps API daily query limit has been reached!

To determine the position of a venue we use a service provided by Google. This is free up to a certain limit, however unless you use an API key (learn more about obtaining a key here!) then they will count the total number of requests coming from the same IP address.

That means if your own site is being served from a box that hosts hundreds of other sites, as can be the case in some hosting environments, the chances of all those sites collectively exceeding the number of free requests that can be made is much higher than if you had an isolated server with its own IP address.

So what can you do about this?

• You can ask your host to try switching you to a different server – this might resolve the problem and from your perspective would be relatively free of effort
    • You could upgrade to something like a VPS with its own IP address
    • You could use an API key

Right now, applying an API key is unfortunately not something that our plugin directly accommodates but we are aware that there is a clear need for this for many users and we hope to implement it sometime soon.

I’m sorry I don’t have better news, but I hope that at least clarifies the position and gives you some avenues you can explore until we are able to roll out more complete support for Google Maps API keys.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Leah

Hello!

I’m happy to report that we have been working on this feature for our upcoming 4.2 release. The new features for each of our plugins are currently being tested by our QA team and by our beta testers. Soon we’ll be putting the finishing touches on the code and then shipping the new versions out to our lovely customers.

Thank you for your patience while we worked on this. We appreciate your support! Keep an eye out for version 4.2 coming your way in the coming weeks.

Cheers,
    Leah
    and The Events Calendar team

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘The Google Maps API daily query limit has been reached’ is closed to new replies.