The Events Calendar Using Too Many Resources

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events The Events Calendar Using Too Many Resources

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    carcal1
    Participant

Hello,
    The Events Calendar seems to be slowing my site down to a crawl.

After running a test i found these resources being used:
    22% The Events Calendar
    23% The Events Calendar Community Events
    9% The Events Calendar PRO

Can someone please advise?
    Godaddy wants me to remove all of The Events Calendar plugins??

Thank you,
    C

George
    Participant

Hey @Carcal1,

Sorry to hear this!

Many of our customers use all of the plugins you listed on GoDaddy without issue, and without GoDaddy demanding the removal of the plugins, so I’m wondering if there are other problems here arising from your site configuration and the rest of the plugins?

If possible, I would recommend asking the GoDaddy folks to share information on other plugins and if there is any way they can spot where other plugins on your site might be hindering performance of The Events Calendar plugins. If there is no progress here and you simply have to/want to remove The Events Calendar plugins from your site, then unfortunately there is very little we can do here. 🙁 We can issue a refund if your purchase was recent enough, but in terms of diving into the code and fixing things on your site there is not much we can do.

Sorry to disappoint!
    George

carcal1
    Participant

Hi George,
    Thanks for the quick response.

Godaddy indicated that the below resources are slowing down my site.
    Are these numbers normal?
    Can you recommend a way to reduce these numbers?

When i disable Event Calendar everything loads faster.

22% The Events Calendar
    23% The Events Calendar Community Events
    9% The Events Calendar PRO

Thanks,
    cary

George
    Participant

Hey Cary,

Can you share a screenshot of where these numbers come from? What are the percentages a percent of? And how are the numbers generated? Did GoDaddy just email those numbers to you? If so, please post a screenshot of as much of the context for these numbers as possible—even if it requires multiple screenshots.

Thanks,
    George

carcal1
    Participant

This reply is private.

George
    Participant

Thank you for this information! There is little we can do with this information because many folks use our plugins on GoDaddy hosting with no such issues 🙁

One last question I’m curious about: how many events do you have, roughly? Hundreds? Thousands? Hundreds per month? Thousands per month?

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘The Events Calendar Using Too Many Resources’ is closed to new replies.