The Events Calendar seems to be very slow

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO The Events Calendar seems to be very slow

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    weezypops
    Participant

Hi,

I’ve been adding events but the whole calendar is running very very slowly. Takes a long time to load (7 seconds according to gtmetrix.com), and the search takes a long time to return results. I’m really concerned because I still have a lot of events to add and I’m worried it will just be unusable once I have.

Is this something that a lot of people have problems with? Is there a solution? I’m using it to move over my existing google calendar events and it’s going to take me a long time to do so, so I don’t really want to spend hours and hours on that only for it to be no good once it’s all moved over.

This is the site: http://www.essexmums.com/thingstodo/events/

weezypops
    Participant

Okay, looking more into it, I think the problem is that old events aren’t being deleted, and as most of mine are recurring events, this is causing there to be a massive amount of entries. What can I do about this?

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Louise!

I’m sorry you are experiencing those performance issues.

It is likely your recurrent events are the cause of the slow loading times. As a basic rule, the more events you show, the costlier it gets.

In the following article you will find a few important insights about the amount of recurrences when you create recurrent events. I recommend you specifically read about the “series ends” setting and how is that important when considering performance > https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/pro-recurring-events/

Also, you should try the option for caching month view html in transients and see if that helps.

In addition to recurrences in your calendar, I would like to point you to a collection of interesting articles about performance:

I hope this helps. Let us know if you have other questions and we’ll be happy to help 🙂

Best!
    Victor

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘The Events Calendar seems to be very slow’ is closed to new replies.