The Events Calendar plugin conflict with blog’s sticky posts

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO The Events Calendar plugin conflict with blog’s sticky posts

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    diggeridoo
    Participant

Hi, after full testing possibilities I’ve found that there is a conflict between the plugin and the Blog’s sticky posts. When trying to put on top a post within the blog (marking it as sticky) it doesn’t work at all, so maybe there is a weird instruction or similar within the plugin.
    It works just fine when switching off TEC plugin.
    How could I solve this?

Thanks

diggeridoo
    Participant

Hi, any help or clue to try to solve this issue?
    If you need more info please let me know.
    It will be very appreciated.
    Thanks.

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi,

Sorry for the troubles with the sticky post. I can help see if we can resolve this.

Is this a plugin you are using or is it built into your theme for the sticky post function.

Are you able to check your error logs and see if that is reporting anything?

Let me know and we can go to the next step.

Thanks

And just for your information we answer forum posts Monday through Friday and yours came in later on Friday and that is why we are getting to it today.

diggeridoo
    Participant

Hi Brian, thanks for your reply.
    The issue is with the default/generic WP sticky post I haven’t got any plugin for this.
    I’ve tested it and when switching off the Events Calendar plugin, the post marked as ‘sticky’ goes on top of the row.
    In the error log there are tons of data but I don’t find anything relevant.
    Maybe some function call within EC to sticky post/events?
    If you need further details just let me know.
    Thanks 🙂

Brian
    Keymaster

I tested out the default WordPress sticky post on WordPress 4.0 with Twenty Twelve and the Events Calendar showing events in the home page blog and not on the home page blog.

Unfortunately, the sticky post worked for me in all cases.

Is this sticky post suppose to be working in this section “SabiaMente Blog”?

In your event settings do you have this option unchecked? “Include events in main blog loop”

What about if you do not have the event widget in the foooter? does that change anything?

Let me know about that and we can go from there.

Thanks

diggeridoo
    Participant

Hi Brian, thanks for testing it.
    Checked these steps but nothing happen..
    I’ve unchecked “Include events in main blog loop”, the events doesn’t appear in the blog, it just contains regular entries/posts.
    Yes, the main blog is “Sabiamente Blog” and the the sticky must work there.
    There is 1 post marked as sticky (the silhouette girl with sun).

Any further testing just let me know.

Brian
    Keymaster

The Sticky Post works in the WordPress standard theme’s and your theme is doing something different to show those posts and without seeing that coding there is not much we can do.

We try to make out plugin compatible with most themes by following WordPress standards, but if there is a theme conflict we can try to help, but ultimately per our terms and conditions we are not going to be able to compatible with every theme.

The theme developer may have a better idea on the coding creating the posts and if they have a way to change it.

I am not sure what else we can do, but we will try to answer your questions and help out as much as we can, but as it stands we do not have enough information about the theme to troubleshoot.

Brian
    Keymaster

Since there is has not been any activity on this thread for over 2 weeks so I am now closing it. Feel free to start a new thread if you have further issues. Thanks! 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘The Events Calendar plugin conflict with blog’s sticky posts’ is closed to new replies.