The Events Calendar messing up with tags

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO The Events Calendar messing up with tags

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    siggiboy81
    Participant

Hello!
    I use the Events Calendar, but I just found out that it is causing lots of mess with my tags. My page is also used as a blog, in addition to the events calendar, but when I add posts with tags, they can not be seen in the tag feed or at the blog pages for that given tag, only those events using that tag can be seen. For example my latest blog post is about Christmas market in Budapest using the tag Christmas market. If I do press that link, it tells me that the only thing that can be found for that that is an event I added a while back, however my latest blog post using that tag can not be seen. If I disable The Events Calendar it starts working at once and all posts can be seen. Post can be seen at: http://www.hungarybudapestguide.com/christmas-market-kalvin-square/

Any good advices?

Barry

It’s possible you’re hitting an existing bug with tags, which of course we hope to resolve in one of our upcoming maintenance builds. In the meantime, can you try adding this snippet to your theme’s functions.php file as a temporary workaround? You can probably omit the opening <?php tag.

Does that help?

siggiboy81
    Participant

It helped, not 100%, but partly… by partly I mean that all posts with tag currently shows up, but not in the correct order. The event from the Events Calendar shows up first (no matter if it was posted long time ago) and then other posts from the blog come later (even though they are newer). Except from that it is working!

James O’Sullivan
    Participant

I have the same issues, the 3.2 version of events calendar completely stops tags from working. Need a fix asap on this as its a real bug in the core workings of WordPress

Barry

Hi James: as with siggiboy81 please try the suggested snippet as a temporary workaround until we resolve this in an upcoming release – if you need further help though I’d ask that you create a new thread of your own 🙂

The event from the Events Calendar shows up first (no matter if it was posted long time ago)

@siggiboy81
    : what you are describing here sounds like it may very well be the expected behaviour. Basically, events are ordered by event date (rather than the date they were created/posted) whereas posts are ordered by publication date.

So, for example, if you have two events and a post all with the same tag you might see them ordered something like this:

* Event taking place on 20 January 2014
    * Post published on 25 November 2013
    * Event that took place on 31 July 2013

Does that clarify things?

James O’Sullivan
    Participant

Thanks Barry, workaround is keeping me going for now Thanks. Look forward to the update.

Barry

Great!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘The Events Calendar messing up with tags’ is closed to new replies.