The Events Calendar Log: Initializing Tribe Events

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events The Events Calendar Log: Initializing Tribe Events

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    jebs38
    Participant

I am getting an error that reads:

[Mon May 07 22:44:29 2012] [error] [client 150.70.172.109] The Events Calendar Log: Initializing Tribe Events on May, 7th at 10:05:29 pm

It comes up regardless of what I try to do on that site. Any function brings up another error message and they are all similar. See another example below:

[Mon May 07 22:44:25 2012] [error] [client 71.53.31.208] The Events Calendar Log: Initializing Tribe Events on May, 7th at 10:05:25 pm, referer: http://———-/wp-admin/media-new.php

John

Laurie

I am getting the same issue. I just looked at my error_log and it was 3.5Gb in a few weeks.
    [08-May-2012 00:53:53 UTC] The Events Calendar Log: Initializing Tribe Events on May, 8th at 12:05:53 am
    These are often at 2-3 sec intervals. Any solution?

jebs38
    Participant

Laurie,
    I guess I will hold off implementing this on my events site! I noticed the same 2-3 second error post behavior in the error codes.
    John

Jonah
    Participant

Hi John and Laurie,

Not sure what’s going on here but I will get a developer to take a look at this and comment ASAP.

Cheers,
    Jonah

jebs38
    Participant

Thanks Jonah.

jebs38
    Participant

Jonah,
    I still have not heard anything from anyone. How long should I expect to wait for a developer to get around to this?

John

jebs38
    Participant

J. I have done some more testing. The errors are persistent even with all plugins deactivated and theme reverted to default twentyeleven theme.

Jonah
    Participant

Hi John,

I’ve asked for a time frame from the developer I assigned this to you and will let you know when you can expect a response as soon as I know.

Regards,
    Jonah

jebs38
    Participant

Thanks again Jonah.
    I have everything on that project on hold until I can find out something. That site is quite large and this will be a huge test of the plugin if we can get this to work.
    John

jebs38
    Participant

Jonah,
    I still am waiting to hear something from your company. I understand that you had some support staff out for a week and I was patient. We are passed the 10th now and I don’t see any movement. What’s up?

Should I just take it that your company does not have the staff to support this plugin and maybe come back in 2 months, or 6 months when the plugin has a little more age to it?

John

Hi John & Laurie,

Do you by any chance have TEC debug mode on (http://cl.ly/GYzS) in the events calendar general settings tab? Those are internal error logs for our developers and really shouldn’t be turned on unless you are doing some serious mods (and then only while deving).

jebs38
    Participant

Shane,

That’s it! There actually was no issue then? I searched the entire site trying to find some information on this and came up with nothing. I had checked that option to be sure that there were no huge issues there before I did more testing.

Shane, I would suggest a warning on that option so that others don’t make the same mistake we did.

Thank you for your attention. Have a great weekend.
    John

Isn’t life sort of ironic that way? The box you check to see if there are errors is what causes the error perceived? That message is not an actual error, just a debug log. You are in good shape.

I appreciate the suggestion. We were just debating making that a wp-config setting rather than a settings panel option to simply avoid that type of confusion.

jebs38
    Participant

Yes, I caught myself in a trap trying to be careful.

You’re great Shane. I think the config option is a great idea.

Jonah
    Participant

Hey all, closing this out because it is resolved. If any further issues come up that are related, please open a new thread.

Thanks,
    Jonah

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • The topic ‘The Events Calendar Log: Initializing Tribe Events’ is closed to new replies.