The Events Calendar: Facebook Events or Aggregator??

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator The Events Calendar: Facebook Events or Aggregator??

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    2ndwing
    Participant

Hi,
    I have recently renewed my Events Calendar Pro and Facebook Events.
    Now I’m requested to upgrade the Aggregator as well. I have never bout the Aggregator and I’m not sure why should I need it. But, the fact is that I do have paid for the Facebook Events plugin and I’m not able to import any event from FB anymore!! I get a message that I need the Aggregator for that. If it’s the Aggregator which enable FB events import, why did you sell to me then enable to me upgrade the Facebook Events plugin? Until now that’s the plugin I have used to import FB events.
    Can you please explain and provide a solution?
    Thank you!

Geoff

Hi 2ndwing — I hope you had a great weekend!

So sorry for the confusion here. We recently released a new service called Event Aggregator and it will eventually take the place of both our Facebook Events and iCal Importer plugins. As a courtesy to folks who already have the other plugins, we have provided you with a free license for Event Aggregator that you can use to test it out and see whether you want to make the switch.

It’s also worth noting that Event Aggregator is already included in The Events Calendar. In other words, it does not require you to install another plugin in order for it work — instead, you can enter your license on the Events > Settings > Licenses screen and it unlocks the features for importing events on Events > Import.

That said, I’m sorry to hear about the issues you’re having with Facebook Events and I’d be happy to help troubleshoot it with you. Would you be willing to do a couple of things to help me help you?

• Send me your system information. You can find it by navigating to Events > Help. Please copy the data and paste it here for me as a private reply and that will allow me to check your sites settings for reasons why importing may not be working.
    • Send me the Facebook URL. Also, please let me know if there are specific events that are not importing, or whether it all events in general. I will try importing from my test site to see if I can see the same issue.

Let’s start there and see what we find!

Cheers!
    Geoff

2ndwing
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff

Awesome, thanks so much for the additional information!

Well, your settings look good. I also tried importing the event you provided a link for and I was able to import it to my test site with no issues.

Can you give me some more details about how you are unable to import events? Here are some specific questions for you to answer:

• Were you always unable to import events or is this a recent issue?
    • If this is a recent issue, were there any recent updates on your site? If so, what were they? For example, plugin or theme updates.
    • Are you seeing any error messages? If so, what are they? Do you have screenshots of them that you can share?

Let’s start with those. I’m also curious to see if you are able to import the same event using Event Aggregator instead, but let’s only go there after exhausting our options here.

Thanks!
    Geoff

2ndwing
    Participant

Hi,
    I just don’t have the option anymore.
    The import with FB is greyed out and I only have the option to buy the aggregator.
    See attached picture.
    Best

2ndwing
    Participant

?

Geoff

Thanks for following up!

Is there an option in the WordPress admin menu under Events called Legacy Import? Here is a screenshot of what I’m hoping you see in the menu.

If you Legacy Import in the menu, please click it and it will allow you to import events from Facebook Events the way you normally have.

Thanks!
    Geoff

2ndwing
    Participant

Oops! Yes! So sorry, I didn’t pay attention to that. It seems that things have changed in the plugin since last time I have used it and I just got confused.
    Sorry for that and thanks for all!
    Now it works!

Geoff

Right on! I’m so glad to hear everything is working smoothly and I appreciate you following up to let us know. Definitely keep us posted if any other questions come up and we’d be happy to help. 🙂

Cheers!
    Geoff

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘The Events Calendar: Facebook Events or Aggregator??’ is closed to new replies.