The Events Calendar 4.1.4 Events List widget broken on non-Home pages by Sensei

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO The Events Calendar 4.1.4 Events List widget broken on non-Home pages by Sensei

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Robert Staddon
    Participant

When the latest Sensei 1.9.6 plugin is activated, the latest The Events Calendar 4.1.4 Events List widget on any Page (besides the home page) displays no events (“There are no upcoming events at this time”) and generates the following error code in the logs:

mod_fcgid: stderr: WordPress database error Unknown column ‘wp_postmeta.meta_value’ in ‘field list’ for query SELECT SQL_CALC_FOUND_ROWS DISTINCT wp_posts.*, MIN(wp_postmeta.meta_value) as EventStartDate, MIN(tribe_event_end_date.meta_value) as EventEndDate FROM wp_posts LEFT JOIN wp_postmeta as tribe_event_end_date ON ( wp_posts.ID = tribe_event_end_date.post_id AND tribe_event_end_date.meta_key = ‘_EventEndDate’ ) WHERE 1=1 AND wp_posts.post_type = ‘tribe_events’ AND (wp_posts.post_status = ‘publish’ OR wp_posts.post_status = ‘private’) ORDER BY EventStartDate ASC, wp_posts.post_date ASC LIMIT 0, 5 made by require(‘wp-blog-header.php’), require_once(‘wp-includes/template-loader.php’), include(‘/themes/twentysixteen/page.php’), get_sidebar, locate_template, load_template, require_once(‘/themes/twentysixteen/sidebar.php’), dynamic_sidebar, call_user_func_array, WP_Widget->display_callback, Tribe__Events__List_Widget->widget, Tribe__Events__List_Widget->widget_output, tribe_get_events, Tribe__Events__Query::getEvents, WP_Query->__construct, WP_Query->query, WP_Query->get_posts, referer: http://test.abundantdesigns.com/wp-admin/edit.php?post_type=page

To replicate this, I did the following:
    – Install the latest versin of WordPress
    – Install and activate the latest version of Sensei and The Events Calendar
    – Create an event
    – Insert the Events List widget on the Sidebar

You may see the result at http://test.abundantdesigns.com/sample-page

Geoff B.

Good evening Robert and welcome back!

Thank you for reaching out to us and for bringing this to our attention.

We are sorry to hear about the issue you have been experiencing with the Events list widgets on a non-home page.
    I would love to help you with this topic.

The good news is that has been identified by other users as a legitimate bug which is now one of our top priorities.
    We are even in touch with the good folks behind Sensei to find a workaround.

Unfortunately, I cannot commit to a release date for a fix at this point. But you will be contacted as soon as there is one.

The only known complete workaround for now is to downgrade Sensei back to 1.9.4 after a complete backup.

I wish I had a better answer for you, but for now it’s the best one I have.

Best regards,

Geoff B.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘The Events Calendar 4.1.4 Events List widget broken on non-Home pages by Sensei’ is closed to new replies.