The events calander basic version is causing problems with tags

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO The events calander basic version is causing problems with tags

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Marcin
    Participant

Im running events calander pro on my page http://latinoamerica.pl/ and normal events calander on http://marcinplewka.pl/

evwerything was working fine, but after some updates of your basic version tags are not displaing of both pages, I have to desactivite basic calander version and in this case averything is working well

I left events calander plugin activated to show you the effect:
    http://marcinplewka.pl/tag/zaklady-przemyslowe/ and the same here
    http://latinoamerica.pl/tag/meksyk/
    without your plugin everything is working fine, and in the passed witht your plugin also was everything ok

whats going wrong? what can I do? I cant work without tags on my page !!!

Marcin
    Participant

Please answer me question as soon as possible, I need your calendar and tags at the same time

Marcin
    Participant

I copied the old 3.1 version of your calendar and now everything is working well, so the problems was caused by 3.2 actualitation

Marcin
    Participant

what can I do? any way I need you help, I want to have a new version of my calendar, now with the old basic and new pro the calander widget is not displaying

Barry

Hi Marcin,

Sorry to hear that you’ve hit difficulties here.

The first thing to note is that you can’t mix and match different versions. If you have reverted to The Events Calendar 3.1, for example, you must also pair it with Events Calendar PRO 3.1. So if you’ve done something other than this (it sounds from your last post like you might have done) then you would need to correct this.

With regards to tags, yes, there is a bug in the current release that you may be hitting up against and we’re very sorry for any inconvenience: we hope to fix this in the next maintenance release.

In the interim though you can try using 3.2 and adding this snippet to your theme’s functions.php file (you can normally omit the opening <?php tag, though).

Does that help?

Marcin
    Participant

adding this code, I broke all my wordpress system. I can upload now only the main page, I was traying to download the functions.php file via ftp many time, but this one is not working, some changes were made saving this new code to the functions file. Now my problem is bigger

woodraf
    Participant

I have the same problem. :/

Barry

@Marcin: sorry to hear that, perhaps you could share the edited version of your functions.php file so we can take a look and see if there are any obvious issues in terms of where you placed that code (please use a service like Pastebin or Gist, rather than posting directly in the forum though).

Of course, you can remove the code and return the functions.php file to its original state to remove any problems it has caused.

@woodraf
    : again, we’re sorry to hear you are experiencing problems. What isn’t clear though is if you mean you are facing the same issue as Marcin originally described, or if you have similarly added code to your theme’s functions.php file and consequently the situation has worsened somehow.

Whichever of those, please do post a new thread of your own and share whatever details you can.

Thanks!

woodraf
    Participant

OK, I just solved problem. I put your code just after beginning <?php tag in my theme's functions.php

Marcin
    Participant

the first fing I did, I removed the changed functions.php file and downloaded the old one, but for the first time in my life, is not working !

my file is the old one

Code removed at user's request
    Barry

@woodraf: great!

@Marcin: please remember to share code using a service like Pastebin or Gist – posting code directly into the forum isn’t a great idea because very often bits of code are stripped out, so we can’t be certain we are seeing exactly the same code that you posted.

1. If you’re having trouble restoring the original code perhaps you could get an untainted copy from the theme vendor’s website (or from the WordPress plugin directory, depending on where you got this theme from).

2. We definitely can take a look and see if there is a problem with the positioning etc of our snippet within your theme’s functions.php file, so please ensure that that is the version of the file you share.

Thanks!

Marcin
    Participant

we try to download backup of the system,

you are right, please delete my functions.php code, from this forum, I cant do it

Barry

It’s been removed.

Barry

It’s been a while so I’ll go ahead and close this thread. Of course if you need further help for this or any other issue please do feel free to create a new thread or threads as needed. Thanks!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The topic ‘The events calander basic version is causing problems with tags’ is closed to new replies.