The CSV importer plugin

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO The CSV importer plugin

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    mggillespie
    Participant

I’d seen a post that this used to be a plugin – anyway that I might be able to get the code? I need to expand a few of the fields that it imports and thought this might be the easiest way.

Thank you!

Casey
    Participant

mggillespie,
    Thanks for getting in touch! This did indeed used to be a separate plugin, but we’ve incorporated it into the Core plugin and have made some significant improvements since then. Now all of the CSV importer code is currently located in ‘the-events-calendar/lib/io/csv/’. There’s currently no supported way to customize the CSV importer, so you’d need to make modifications to the plugin directly in order to do this.

Just keep in mind that any changes you make directly to the plugin will be lost when you update the plugin, so you’ll want to keep track of any changes you make in order to re-apply them after updating.

Hopefully that points you in the right direction, but let me know if you have further questions. Thanks! πŸ™‚

-Casey-

Casey
    Participant

I just wanted to follow up and see if you’re all set here or if you still have further questions. Just let me know if you have further questions or if I should go ahead and close out this thread. Thanks! πŸ™‚

-Casey-

mggillespie
    Participant

Casey,

I think this answers my question.

I was hoping the external plugin still resided somewhere so that I could amend it without changes to the core plugin (and update issues as you mentioned). Or so I could make changes within functions of the child theme to a similar effect.

But thank you for your help!
    – Michael

Casey
    Participant

Glad to help! πŸ˜€ Thanks for confirming that this got you sorted. Since it looks like you’re all set, I’m going to mark this thread “Answered” and close it out.

By the way, if you have a minute or two, we would love it if you’d write a few words for us here: http://m.tri.be/lo

Thanks in advance. πŸ™‚

Cheers,
    Casey

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘The CSV importer plugin’ is closed to new replies.