The Calendar Hangs and will not go to next month

Home Forums Additional Help Translations The Calendar Hangs and will not go to next month

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    lance
    Participant

I have an issue. The calendar will load for March but when you try to go to April it hangs and will not load. This only happens when I am browsing and not logged in to the dashboard. When I am logged into the dashboard and I test this the calendar works fine. I have changed themes ( I’ve reverted to the Twenty Fifteen default WordPress theme (with other plugins still deactivated) to check for a theme conflict), deactivated all plugins, cleared the cache and still nothing is stopping this. Help please.

George
    Participant

Hey there,

I’m really sorry to hear this!

Can you share your system information and share a link to your events page? Here’s how to share your system information → https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/sharing-sys-info/

I’ll take a closer look and see what I can find!

Thank you,
    George

Lance Burns

[System information removed by admin. Requested by customer after resolution of issues.]

George
    Participant

Thanks for this information, Lance!

I took a look at both your site and your “system information.” Your site’s “events page slug” is /calendar, obviously, but I’m wondering: do you also have a page called “Calendar” in your wp-admin?

If you do have a page with this title, try deleting the page; it will cause problems because it’s trying to use the same /calendar URL endpoint as your events slug, but only one of these things can exist at /calendar on your site.

— George

Lance

Thanks george. Do you think you can delete this post to get rid of all this information that’s here? Thank you.

George
    Participant

Hey Lance,

Can you clarify your question here? If you are asking if I can personally log into your site and do that, no, I cannot.

⚠️ We cannot log into customer sites for any reason so please do not post any login information anywhere on this site.

If this is not what you’re asking, can you clarify what you are asking? If you’re wondering if deleting that page will erase calendar data, no, you will not lose event data when you delete that page.

Thank you,
    George

Lance

Hi George. Know what I’m asking is if you can remove this post from the forum. I’m not sure if it’s public or not. So with the information that I posted regarding the plug-ins and the events calendar code that’s in there. I don’t know if that’s public. So I’m hoping it stays private. I understand you cannot log into my site. I have taking care of the problem, which was a direct result of your excellent advice. Thank you so much for being not only prompt but accurate.

George
    Participant

Thank you for confirming that my suggestion from earlier helped!

As for removing your site’s “System information”, yes, I will do that right now.

Cheers!
    George

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘The Calendar Hangs and will not go to next month’ is closed to new replies.