'The Blog' (blog title) showing on event single, and 404 showing when no events

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO 'The Blog' (blog title) showing on event single, and 404 showing when no events

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Micha McLain
    Participant

Hello. Please check out http://flcannabis.wpengine.com/event/new-event/

This is a test event on a new site I’m working on. This is a single event page. However, it is showing “The Blog” just under the header, which is the current default text for the blog page under this theme.

I’m also getting another error on the events page when there is no future event set. Under this condition, it shows the page title and H1 in the body as if it were a 404 page, though the rest of the body is consistent with how it should look.

I realize that this is a theme issue as I’ve been successful in using this plugin on other themes without a single issue. However, the theme developer is telling me they can’t fix it because it’s a plugin.

Can you please help me fix this?

Casey D

Hello teammultiverse,

We’ll do what we can to help!

What theme are you using?

Have you tried flushing permalinks? You may need to “flush permalinks,” by resaving your permalinks in the Settings > Permalinks admin page. I doubt it will help but it may be worth a shot.

Does this make sense? Let me know if this doesn’t work for you.

Cheers!

– Casey Driscoll

Micha McLain
    Participant

The theme is called ‘X’ and can be found here http://themeforest.net/item/x-the-theme/5871901

Thanks so much for your willingness to help out. 🙂

Micha McLain
    Participant

I tried manually flushing (aka reserving permalinks) and it did nothing. 🙁

Casey D

I believe this is out of our scope of control sorry. 🙁

In the Events Settings > Display tab, what template are you using? That might effect what template the theme wants to do?

I’m betting there is a theme template (maybe archive.php?) that has ‘The Blog’ hardwired, and for some reason our single events page is using that as a wrapper.

Does that make sense?

– Casey Driscoll

Micha McLain
    Participant

I’m using the default events template, not a theme template. None of the theme templates come even remotely close. They look more like blogs.

Any other thoughts? I do appreciate your time. Thanks.

-Micha

Casey D

If you are using the default events template, I’m not sure why this theme is doing this. I talked with some other devs on the support team, and they’re not sure either. You may have something like this in your theme, if you do a text search for ‘The Blog’

if ( is_archive() ) {
    echo “The Blog”;
    }

Probably the best work around is removing it (without touching the theme) is with CSS. You may even be able to change the content with JS. Not an elegant solution, but will get the job done.

Does this make sense? Let me know if this doesn’t work for you.

Cheers!

– Casey Driscoll

Casey D

Hello teammultiverse,

We typically close threads if there is no activity after two weeks. Feel free to create a new thread and reference this one to save you time.

Cheers!

– Casey Driscoll

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘'The Blog' (blog title) showing on event single, and 404 showing when no events’ is closed to new replies.