The Basics – trying to customize single event layout

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO The Basics – trying to customize single event layout

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    raindance
    Participant

I’ve looked through the knowledge base, but the information in there seems just plain wrong.
    We are redoing our website and wanting to restyle our events calendar pro.

First question – where is the php file that defines how a single event page is laid out? I know that if I put a file in /theme/tribal-events/single-event.php (NOT /pro/ as the documentation claims) it will get used. But where is the original??? We want to tweak a little what ECP comes with.

Same goes with the meta block. Again, I’ve discovered that if I put a file in /theme/tribal-events/meta/details.php that will get used. But where is the original?

raindance
    Participant

Ok,
    It is not exactly clear in the documentation:
    Most of the functionality is provided NOT by events-calendar-pro but by the-events-calendar, so most of the layout files are in THAT directory.
    Disregard what is written in ‘The Themers Guide’ on here with regards to the /pro/ directory in your theme. My /tribe-events looks like this and works properly:

└── tribe-events
    ├── modules
    │   ├── meta
    │   │   ├── additional-fields.php
    │   │   ├── details.php
    │   └── meta.php
    ├── single-event.php

Geoff

Nice work! I’m so glad to hear everything is working smoothly and I appreciate you following up to let us know. Definitely keep us posted if any other questions come up and we’d be happy to help. 🙂

Cheers!
    Geoff

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘The Basics – trying to customize single event layout’ is closed to new replies.