testing upgrades in staging but license won't work

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events testing upgrades in staging but license won't work

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    unitedwaystl
    Participant

Hello,
    I have 1 license and I created a staging site but your product is not allowing me to upgrade on the staging site. I read this article, https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/using-one-license-live-dev-sites/, and my site url clearly has .staging in it. This is the url – http://moneysmartstl.staging.wpengine.com/. Can you help me get this working? Thank you.
    Jim

Caroline

Hi Jim,

Thanks for reaching out, and I’m so sorry for the trouble here! Unfortunately, domains with .staging or other subdomains aren’t recognized as clear staging sites by our systems–only domains with .staging as the TLD portion (i.e. yoursite.staging) of your domain will be properly exempted from your allowed activations.

That said, there’s no problem with continuing to use your licensed products on this staging site! If you should need to upgrade your plugins at any time, you can either move your license as needed to perform automatic upgrades, or you may simply download the latest plugin updates from your account and upload them through the Plugins section of your development site.

I hope that helps–so sorry to be the bearer of bad news here! Let me know if you should have any other questions. I’d be more than glad to assist! 🙂

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘testing upgrades in staging but license won't work’ is closed to new replies.