Test Site License

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Test Site License

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    yogaservicecouncil
    Participant

I am creating a new website on a development server, but I only have one license key for Events Calendar. How can I test to make sure everything is working properly with only one key? can I get another temporary key?

George
    Participant

Hey @yogaservicecouncil,

Thanks for reaching out!

The licenses are not required for any functionality of the plugin whatsoever.

So in other words, if you have the software installed on your test site and do not enter your license key there, it will work fine and behave exactly the same as if the license key was entered.

The license keys only sign up a domain name for support and for auto-update notices.

Does this help at all? The central point is that licenses are not required for functionality at all, and so simply getting the latest version of the software from http://theeventscalendar.com/my-account/downloads and testing it on the development site will be an accurate simulacrum of how it’d behave on the Live site.

Cheers!
    George

Cappy
    Participant

It would be great if licenses allowed automatic updates on test sites, because updating becomes a big pain anytime your plugins have updates. Maybe allow the license to work on all installs in any domain? I think most people use something like test.xxx.com for their test site.

George
    Participant

I agree that it can be a pain 🙁 However, the sort of thing you mention would not be possible in the near future. We’re constantly improving our licensing system, so stay tuned to http://theeventscalendar.com/blog in the new year for any site-related updates like this if they come.

For now, it’s unfortunately not possible 🙁 I’m sorry @Cappy!

I wish you the best of luck with your site regardless.

Cheers,
    George

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Test Site License’ is closed to new replies.