Templating and ability to display event categories

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Templating and ability to display event categories

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Sven

Hi,

I’m Sven, webdesigner, mostly doing front-end integration for a customer with a future wordpress website. Before we decide on buying your Events calendar pro plugin, i would like some clarifications.

Mostly my needs are:
    – add the categories related to an event,
    – mask text content and only show images if the user hasn’t clicked or touched the event yet. So, outside of the classic php files overrides, are there any options built in the plugin to do a simplified templating for displaying the plugin data?

Thanks for your answer on this. I know it surely sounds rookie but i mostly code html/css/javascript for a living 🙂

Geoff

Hi there, Sven! Thanks for getting in touch and checking out the plugins. 🙂

Good questions. Let’s see if we can tackle them one at a time here…

add the categories related to an event,

Yes, the calendar does in fact include the ability to categorize events. In addition, tags are also available.

So, outside of the classic php files overrides, are there any options built in the plugin to do a simplified templating for displaying the plugin data?

There are indeed a number of options that can be used to configure the display of events and the calendar itself. Most of the these are toggles to either display or not display something, such as whether to display a map or what the default view for the calendar is.

The best way to see those options is to give it a test drive for yourself. The free version of the plugin already contains all the general options, which should give you some freedom to play around with them and see how flexible it is for the project you’re working on.

Does this help answer your questions? Please let me know. 🙂

Cheers!
    Geoff

Geoff

Thanks for marking the answer here, Sven! Please let us know if there’s anything else we can help answer and we’d be happy to. 🙂

Geoff

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Templating and ability to display event categories’ is closed to new replies.