Template Override for Single Month

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Template Override for Single Month

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Grant Bivens
    Participant

Hey guys,

I’ve read through the Themer’s Guide (https://theeventscalendar.com/support/documentation/events-calendar-themers-guide/) but wasn’t for sure if this was possible or not.

What I would like to do is be able to override specific month’s calendar grid view to set a block of text at the top of the calendar. For instance I have a few events that are “_________ emphasis month.” I’d rather not have an event that show up in every single day of the grid view. Instead I would rather just have some text at the top of the grid that says “September is ________________ month.”

I am perfectly fine with hard coding this into a template override file and do not expect to be able to enter this in as an ‘event.’ That would be way to involved I’m sure.

So is it possible to create template overrides like gridview-2012-08.php that would override just August of 2012? If so what is the naming convention for that? Or is there another way to do this? Maybe just a check to see what month is active and output content if the month matches up?

Thanks,
    Grant

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Grant,

I know this can be done if navigating directly to a specific month but not when navigating AJAX style. I’m checking in with another developer to see how difficult this is. Stay tuned.

Cheers,
    Jonah

Grant Bivens
    Participant

Hi Jonah,

Any update on this?

Thanks,
    Grant

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Grant,

I’m still waiting on some word from one of our developers. I just poked him today so I hope to have an answer for you shortly. Thanks for your patience.

– Jonah

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Grant,

I just heard back from one of our developers and unfortunately this would be too difficult for us to be able to provide a solution for. You’ll either need to figure out how to do it yourself or hire someone to help you. FYI, there are two functions you might want to take a look at that may help you with this:

tribe_get_current_month_text();
    tribe_get_month_view_date();

Neither one will work in AJAX mode but maybe this will give you a place to start to be able to update what is output by either of those functions when navigating the calendar in AJAX mode.

Good luck and do please share any solution you come across!

Regards,
    Jonah

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Template Override for Single Month’ is closed to new replies.