Template an events list like The Events Calendar Shortcode but using Photo view

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Template an events list like The Events Calendar Shortcode but using Photo view

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    JOSE
    Participant

Hello tribe,

For my client i’m trying to build an events list, filtered by event category, with the same view template as The Event calendar view. For this i’m trying The Events Calendar Shortcode plugin. I d’like to template it by reusing the shortcode functionnality. Could you pinpoint me in the right direction?
    I’d like this view:
    http://s569694635.onlinehome.fr/iledumonde/evenements

And i have but default this one instead:
    http://s569694635.onlinehome.fr/iledumonde/#decouvrir (look at the list beneath the 2*2 article list with the se labels:
    EVÈNEMENTS
    31/05, 8h00 – 17h00

CALENDRIER TRADITIONNEL
    31/05, 8h00 – 17h00

ATELIERS DU MONDE
    31/05, 8h00 – 17h00

ACTIVITÉS RÉGULIÈRES
    31/05, 8h00 – 17h00

Brook
    Participant

Howdy Jose!

It’s nice to meet you. I would love to help you as best I can.

I have had a look at the two templates you linked to. I can definitely see some differences. The template that you would like your events to use appears to be a custom one available within your theme.  In order to adapt it for events, and not generic posts, you will likely need a solid knowledge of PHP and CSS. Unfortunately no shortcodes will suffice, you need to know some programming.

To that end we have a our themer’s guide. This guide will walk folks with a solid knowledge of WP Themeing through modifying our templates, and using it you can adapt the templates to look any way you please, including matching your current theme’s custom template. If you are not a WordPress themer though, then you will likely need someone who is to create the necessary code.

Does that all make sense? Does it fully answer your questions? I would love to help, so please let me know if there is anything I can assist with.

Cheers!

– Brook

JOSE
    Participant

Thanks Brook, i will close this thread.

Brook
    Participant

Thanks for getting back to us Jose. I wish there was an option available that didn’t require some scripting. I am going to archive this since you’ve marked it resolved.

Happy developing!

– Brook

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Template an events list like The Events Calendar Shortcode but using Photo view’ is closed to new replies.