TECP on GreenGive theme has a bug – please help

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO TECP on GreenGive theme has a bug – please help

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    hamc
    Participant

We are a local alumni club, run completely by volunteers; some of us very out of our usual arenas (I’m an attorney, not a developer ). Recently, the university’s main alumni association decided to host all of the local club’s websites using WordPress. The main association purchased a license, on our behalf, to your GreenGive template, which they installed and control on the backend.

We’ve been able to develop a pretty good website, but are having a bit of difficulty with a few of the widgets and elements, including yours. We asked the theme developer for help, but they told us we need to direct our questions to you. We hope that you can help us fix these issues.

We’ve detailed our questions with screenshots, but please feel free to reach out to me with additional questions.

Thanks!
    deborah lawson
    [email protected]
    713-478-2618

The Events Calendar Pro
    We use the Events Calendar Pro for the calendar.

On the Home page (https://houston-test.aggienetwork.com/), we used the “List Events” element to show our calendar horizontally across the full page.

How do we get the events to show with the next upcoming event on the left, and then in order of occurrence? In the “List Events Settings,” there is no way to select the order in which events show. Right now, the event that is farthest away shows first, so the next upcoming events aren’t even on the page. (i.e instead of showing May 1st through May 15th, it shows July 25th through May 23rd.)

In the “List Events Settings,” there is an “order by” choice, but it only has “Lastest Events,” “Featured Events,” and “Random Events.” There is no “next” or “upcoming” events. Is there a way to add now “order by” choices to this “List Events” element? (We tried the WordPress Widget for List Events, but it doesn’t have date or categories as display options, and they show only vertically.)

Additionally, there is a glitch when showing events that occur on a single day. For some reason, the coding puts the end time in a big box on top of the image. Is there a way to fix that without simply removing the end time? (We really like having an end time.) Evidently, all of the events used in the demo lasted more than a few hours, so this doesn’t show up on the demo pages.

And is there a way to show not show the page text under the Event Title? The element has only a very limited number of options, so we’re hoping y’all might have a version that is more robust that we just haven’t found. Or suggestions for fixes…

OPAL’S RESPONSE
    1. The Events Calendar Pro
    About your issues, you should ask the support team of the “The Events Calendar” plugin they will help you implement these issues with shortcodes.

ONGOING ISSUE; NEED RESOLUTION HELP
    Neither of our issues are with the shortcodes, which we aren’t even using. This is the formatting. Shortcodes are designed to show the info in a list (which is working fine where we’ve used it), not horizontally like this homepage template design.

As for the time issue, we think it is inheriting info incorrectly.
    Class=“tribe-event-time” is showing as a maroon box with just the ending time. (see screenshot)
    When you inspect the page, it has inherited a bunch of code from somewhere else, but we can’t figure out where or why.

No idea how to fix the order issue.

Hi Deborah,

Thanks so much for reaching out!

Could you please send me a copy of the latest version of your WordPress theme / child theme via a link to a .zip file link (stored Dropbox or Google Drive) so that I can run some tests on my end ? I recommend a private reply for that purpose.

Please ensure you are using the latest files as found on your actual website.

This way I will get access to any updates or customizations you might have made.

Basically the goal here is just for me to confirm that this issue is present on the latest version of our plugin.  I cannot guarantee that I can provide a resolution to this issue.

Please also note that support for theme conflicts is limited as stated in our support policy.

Let me know if you have any other questions in the meantime!

Thanks,

Jaime

hamc
    Participant

Hi Jaime! Unfortunately, I can’t give you a version of our theme, as we don’t have that. As I mentioned, we are hosted by the larger Association of Former Students, and they control all of that. All we can access is from the dashboard and plugins. We do install all plugin updatess whenever we get the notification that one is available, so to the best of our knowledge, we’re using the latest versions of everything.

This is definitely something wrong with the theme coding, but they suggested that you could provide a shortcode so that we can display the events horizontally, instead of in a list. And with the upcoming events showing next. (I have no idea why they would code it to show them with the furthest away showing first; it’s a bit crazy.)

Hopefully, you’ll be able to at least help us with a workaround. We really don’t want to have to get a different calendar.

Thanks!

dl

deborah lawson ’92

deborah lawson, Attorney at Law, p.l.l.c.

P.O. Box 940082

Houston, Texas 77094-7082

713-478-2618

[email protected] mailto:[email protected]

Greater Houston LGBT Chamber of Commerce – Director

Stonewall Law Association of Greater Houston – Director

Official Attorney of Lambda NextGen Houston

Houston A&M Club – Houston Aggie Editor

P Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail

Hi Deborah,

Okay, I understand.  Unfortunately, I don’t have a shortcode that can display your events horizontally.

You might be able to accomplish this via custom coding, for which I’ll point you to our Themer’s Guide.  You may be able to play around with the CSS for this widget in order to get the results that you are looking for.

If you need some coding help, you may want to ask your developer or reference our documentation and list of known customizers.

In relation to the Upcoming Events widget, can you share a link to the page where you have this on your site, so that I can take a look and see if things are working as expected?

Let me know if you have any other questions along the way!

Thanks,

Jaime

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘TECP on GreenGive theme has a bug – please help’ is closed to new replies.