TEC License + Theme Conflict with Community Events

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions TEC License + Theme Conflict with Community Events

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    CDC
    Participant

A few questions –

1) Firstly, I’m wondering why we’re unable to post on the plugin forums like we used to. When I logged on, we saw a notification saying that our license for The Events Calendar Pro has expired and to renew it, but when I checked my licenses, it shows we have two licenses for TEC Pro – one of which is expired (and was on our testing site) and the other works and runs till 2025 on our main site. Can you please clarify…

2) Secondly, we are having an issue with the Community Events plugin. It seems like the plugin is clashing with our theme settings. All of the drop-down menus on our website seem to be impacted by the Community Events plugin, giving it a different style (presumably taking the style of the plugin itself, which seems to be overriding the theme’s settings). In addition to this style change, the drop-down menu doesn’t seem to work. It doesn’t work in our ‘Submit An Event’ page, which is derived from the settings of the Community Events plugin, and nor does it work on the other drop-down menu locations on our website (e.g. our Products/Programmes page – http://www.cdchk.org/we-do/programmes/ ) Wondering if you could help with this issue?

Thanks,
    TeamCDC

George
    Participant

Hello!

Your licenses that run until 2025 are Nonprofit licenses that were granted to you per our Nonprofit Partnership Program.

Nonprofit licenses do not come with any customer support, as clarified in our Nonprofit Partnership Program guide here → https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/do-you-offer-discounts-for-nonprofit-organizations/

Thus no support can be provided for your main site since it is license with an unsupported license.

As for the Community Events conflict, this is unfortunately a known bug. We’re working on a fix. There is no news about that fix yet, or a specific date for the arrival of a fix, but I will keep this thread updated with news about a big fix as that news arises.

Cheers!
    George

CDC
    Participant

Thanks George! I have just renewed the license. Do I need to move this license from our dev site to our main site to receive support or is it fine to just leave that on our dev site?

George
    Participant

Hey @CDC,

Your license is a Personal License, so it only includes support for one domain name. It should be fine to receive support for the dev site if it is an exact clone of the production site.

If this an issue you want help with, for example, I would recommend verifying that it behaves the exact same way on the dev site and the production site. This way, if we can recommend things that fix it on the dev site, those same things would fix it on the production site.

Please let me know if there are any other issues or questions I can try to help with.

Sincerely,
    George

CDC
    Participant

Actually we don’t use our dev site anymore – only for testing. I guess it’s best to move The Events Calendar Pro license that we renewed yesterday (the one outside of the NGO package) to our main production site, and deactivate the current license on our main production site – which is as part of the NGO package along with the other plugin. Is that the best way to go forward?

George
    Participant

That sounds like a solid plan, @CDC — if that suits your needs well, then feel free to proceed that way!

Cheers,
    George

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘TEC License + Theme Conflict with Community Events’ is closed to new replies.