TEC in non-license mode or style(sheet) mess after update

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO TEC in non-license mode or style(sheet) mess after update

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    beeldenstorm
    Participant

Hello
    Our license key is still valid till 19 november 2013 but now already for two weeks my Events calendar plug-in is in non-license mode and i get these error message:

“Your version of The Events Calendar is not up-to-date with one of your The Events Calendar add-ons. Please update now.”

When i upgrade to TEC 3.0.3 then license mode works again but the style(sheet) is then (again) a complete mess!?

I don’t wanna restart redesigning our calendars again and again after each major TEC upgrade. Now i want to have my license mode back without upgrading to TEC 3.0.3. Is that possible?

I don’t wanna pay anymore for a plug-in to have to change all the time .php and .css files, and have a lot of work.

Regards

Barry

Hi beeldenstorm,

If you visit the plugin admin page can you take note of and let me know the version of each of your Modern Tribe plugins? Ideally these would all be up-to-date (you can compare them to the most recent versions over here).

Regarding your WordPress version, please bear in mind that The Events Calendar requires WordPress 3.5 as a minimum so if you do decide to run an earlier version you need to be prepared for unexpected results – I’m not sure if this particular problem is related to that (my suspicion is that at least one of your Modern Tribe plugins is not up to date) but it could potentially be a factor.

Thanks!

beeldenstorm
    Participant

Hello
    The Events Calendar 2.0.11 -> again downgraded because 3.0.3 makes a complete mess of the style(sheet).
    The Events Calendar PRO 3.0.5 -> in non-license mode while license is valid

Is it possible to keep using TEC 2.0.11 with my license?
    I don’t wanna restart redesigning our calendars again and again.

Thursday i will install WordPress 3.5, for the moment not interested in upgrading to 3.6.

Regards

Barry

So you’ll need to downgrade Events Calendar PRO 3.0.5 to 2.0.11 also – you can grab a copy of that version on the downloads page.

There’s definitely no problem from our perspective if you wish to use older versions – however be aware that the amount of support we can provide for anything other than the current stable release is small, and for the 2.x family of version numbers what we can help you with on a technical support level will be very limited indeed.

beeldenstorm
    Participant

Ok, i gonna do that.
    The thing is that i don’t like the new TEC version at all.
    Not clear anymore, too much extra’s, too much changings in the front-end, from simple and clear to too much and a mess.

The style(sheet) becomes a complete mess and i am not willing to be busy after every major upgrade with redoing the css and parts of the php.
    I know php, css and so on, but sometimes it’s really too much redoing the same thing because of an upgrade.

Thanks for the support.

Barry

OK, although we’re sorry to hear that you feel that way it’s important you do what feels right and makes sense in your own circumstances.

We wish you luck!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘TEC in non-license mode or style(sheet) mess after update’ is closed to new replies.