TBD? Can a placeholder event be created?

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO TBD? Can a placeholder event be created?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    sechive
    Participant

I have a requirement to display a future event with unspecified dates. I currently define an event with an arbitrary future date with a very clear description including the message “dates to be determined”. However, this is still somewhat misleading. Can you suggest a means to handle this scenario via Events Pro? Ideally, an option to “hide the dates?” would be the most effective, as the start/end dates would then behave like enable/disable display flags for the event, thereby achieving the notion of a Placeholder Event. Alternatively, I may have to resort to CSS hacks to hide the date information for these events, but that is not viable in the long term.

Geoff

Hi there, Jay! Thanks for getting in touch. πŸ™‚

Great question. Unfortunately, a start and end date is required when publishing event posts.

The idea to “Hide the Date” for specific events posts is interesting and something you might want to suggest on our UserVoice page as a feature to include in a future release.

We often append the event category as class names where events are displayed, so it might be possible for you to categorize these placeholder events in a category called “TBD” (or something like that) and target those specific post in CSS. For example, you could hide the date and times in the Month View tooltip for events in the “TBD” category, like this:

.cat_tbd .tribe-events-tooltip .duration {
    display: none;
    }

This would need to be done similarly for each instance where the date and time display. Yes, it’s a little hacky, but it’s probably the simplest way of getting it done for the time being.

Does this help answer your question? Please let me know. πŸ™‚

Cheers!
    Geoff

Geoff

Hey there, Jay! Just checking in to see if there’s been any further update or if you still need assistance on this one–let me know. πŸ™‚

Cheers!
    Geoff

Geoff

Hey there, Jay! It’s been a while so I’m going to go ahead and close this thread. If we can help with anything else, though, please don’t hesitate to open a new thread. We’d be happy to help. πŸ™‚

Cheers!
    Geoff

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘TBD? Can a placeholder event be created?’ is closed to new replies.