Tags and Searches

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Tags and Searches

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    weezypops
    Participant

Hi, I was wondering if the tags I allocate to my posts should be searchable with The Events Calendar, and if not, is there a way I could make them so.

For example, I have a dance class listed, which is tagged with the word ‘dance’ yet doesn’t come up when you search (I assume because the word ‘dance’ isn’t in the text.

I do have the filer bar installed and know they can search by tags on there if need be, I’m just concerned that people will miss out on things I have tagged if it doesn’t work this way as they might search for something and assume it’s not there.

Geoff

Hi there,Β Louise! Welcome back to the forums. πŸ™‚

Good question. Tags are global in the sense that they apply to both Posts and Events. For example, if you head over to Posts> Tags, these should be the same as those under Events > Tags.

You are correct: the search is only checking titles and descriptions when performing a query, so the tag isn’t in consideration there. The post would certainly show up if “dance” was contained in the Event post title.

While tags are not included in the Filter Bar search field, there is the option to filter those results by tags, if enabled in the Filter Bar settings.

Does this help clarify things a bit and answer your question? Please let me know. πŸ™‚

Cheers!
    Geoff

weezypops
    Participant

Thanks, it does. Hopefully people will think to look that bit further rather than just assuming there’s nothing there! Is it possible to change the word ‘tag’ to something else so that people might think to use it as a filter? Maybe to call it sub-category or something?

Geoff

Awesome, I’m glad that helps! Thanks for following up.

Changing the “Tags” label to something else is something I imagine would be possible, but it certainly would take some custom development that we’d need to leave in your hands. However, our Themer’s Guide does a very good job of walking thorough how to customize the plugin templates, and our documentation is readily available to help you hook into any function used by the calendar.

Let me know if you think we’ve fully covered your original question, or if you have any other follow-up questions we can help with. πŸ™‚

Cheers!
    Geoff

Geoff

Hey there, Louise! Just checking in to see if you still needed any assistance on this one or if things are all good–please let me know. πŸ™‚

Cheers!
    Geoff

weezypops
    Participant

Thanks,I only just saw your previous reply but yes, it’s all answered. Much appreciated!

Geoff

Awesome! My pleasure and thanks again for following up. I’ll go ahead and close this out, but please feel free to let us know if anything else comes up and we’d be happy to help.

Cheers!
    Geoff

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Tags and Searches’ is closed to new replies.