synopsis of Scheduled events

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator synopsis of Scheduled events

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    karen
    Participant

I have read the description of what constitutes a scheduled event in Event Aggregator. Here is my understanding. I can schedule 100 imports a day. What constitutes an import is a “Scheduled’ event not the imported event itself. Is that a correct statement? I know you are working on fixing the licensing on this, but in the meantime, I can manually import a Schedule? Please clarify.
    thanks

Geoff

Hi Karen,

Great question. Yes, we count the number of scheduled imports against your licensed limit rather than the imported number of events.

In other words, you might have one scheduled import that imports 1,000 events and that only counts as a single scheduled import, leaving you with 99 more.

If you ever find yourself using all of your scheduled imports, then you can certainly do a manual import instead. That does not count against your limit.

Does this help clarify things a bit? Please let me know. 🙂

Cheers!
    Geoff

karen
    Participant

Yes, So you are saying that until you fix the issue, I can manually import these. But I can’t. I am out of licenses and it will not let me add one even as a ON DEMAND. Is there something else I can do here?

Geoff

Hi Karen,

My apologies if I’ve somehow misunderstood your question or perhaps not clearly explained things. I’m reviewing this a little more with our team and will see if I can give you a more complete answer or solution. I’ll keep this thread in “Waiting on us” status and will be sure to get back to you.

Cheers and have a good night!

Geoff

Geoff

Hi Karen,

I talked it over with our team and we decided to bump you up to the next license level for you as a one-time courtesy. You should now have 200 scheduled imports instead of 100, so that should give you more room to import more events.

I sure hope this helps! Thanks for your patience while I looked into this a little more.

Geoff

karen
    Participant

Much appreciated Geoff and team. Does the Tribe know what the problem is? I really won’t need more than 100 should it get fixed. It is a great convenience not having to remember, but not sure I can afford anymore for something that is essentially a free service. Thanks again!

Geoff

Hi Karen,

Awesome, I’m glad that the license bump will help out!

I’m afraid I don’t have a timeframe for a fix but, if there’s any doubt on your end, your license is still good through March 2018 — that’s essentially a year away and if there is an issue with the licensing, the fix for it would roll out automatically and require no change on your part. 🙂

If you could share a screenshot of your scheduled imports screen and paste your system information as a private reply, I’d be happy to use those as references as we look into it.

Thanks,
    Geoff

karen
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff

This reply is private.

karen
    Participant

I only have 21 scheduled imports. Which is why I indicated that my aggregator was telling me I was out of imports. I wondered what constituted an import. No, I have no other sites. Only one license.
    And Weirdly enough the EVENTS & Help screen is totally white screen. Nothing, nada. What shall I do? Does this call for a reinstall?

Barry

Hi Karen,

Thanks for bearing with us on this one — your patience is appreciated!

I’d love to clarify a couple of things, though. It sounds like there are two key problems: the first is that if you visit Events → Imports → New Import the plugin will not let you add any further URLs to import from. Is that correct? What if any error message do you see when you try to do this?

The second issue is that either the Events → Help screen or that screen and the main admin events list show as a totally white screen (which sounds rather like the result of what we call a ‘fatal error’). Does that sound accurate to you?

What would be awesome, if you feel comfortable doing this, is to temporarily enable WP_DEBUG – then see if you can capture any specific error messages that appear on the white screens or during your attempts to add more URLs for import purposes.

Let me know how you get on!

karen
    Participant

I would be happy to enable debug on my Staging environment, but obviously I am out of installs.
    As to the error message, not sure I remember,but I believe The drop-down on the import page prompts me to buy Event Aggregator. I was awarded 200 licenses by the TRIBE and that works for now.
    thanks!

Barry

I would be happy to enable debug on my Staging environment, but obviously I am out of installs.

If you’re only using the license key on one site so far, adding it to your staging site should be perfectly fine 🙂

In this case – based on your description – the issue isn’t that the license key is being used on too many different web sites, but rather that you are (for some reason) prevented from adding further URLs to the list of sources to import from.

karen
    Participant

My staging site says I am out of installs. How do I get around that?

As to imports, I had 21 scheduled imports and was prevented from either importing or running imports until I was updated with a license for another 100 imports. Everything is currently working using 200 imports. The question is: why was I prevented from importing or creating imports with only 21 scheduled imports. I have read other threads with this problem. It looks like some of them were resolved by re-applying the license. In one case they were given a new license. Upgrading to 200 fixed this for me. If you wish to pursue this further, let me know or close this.

2. Why is the help screen blank? I can start a new thread if you wish.

Barry

Hi Karen,

The question is: why was I prevented from importing or creating imports with only 21 scheduled imports.

I’m keen to answer that, too. Other users have certainly been prevented from importing, but not from adding new sources to import from (which is part of what you are describing). Let’s continue trying to get the staging site setup so we can continue troubleshooting this.

My staging site says I am out of installs. How do I get around that?

Event Aggregator licenses are not limited by the number of installations they are used on in quite the same way as other licenses, so this is surprising. Can you provide a screenshot of this?

Why is the help screen blank? I can start a new thread if you wish.

That’s often worth doing; but in this case let’s keep things contained in this thread. The steps we’re trying to follow in your staging environment (displaying answers) will hopefully help to solve this issue, too.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • The topic ‘synopsis of Scheduled events’ is closed to new replies.