Syncing Deleted Events

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Syncing Deleted Events

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Adam Schwartz
    Participant

Hi, I’m hoping you can help me out with some details about the iCal Importer syncing behavior and deleted events.

My team has set up a recurring import (every 30 mins) pulling in events from a Google Calendar iCal feed. Right now, if we delete events on the Google Calendar, they are not deleted in the Events Calendar when the import occurs again. Is there anything that can be done to change this behavior? Essentially we need to make sure that there are no events in the Events Calendar that do NOT exist on our Google Calendar.

I saw a couple of threads like this one https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/can-not-import-events-again-after-deleting-them/ indicating that some of the actions involving deleted events can be modified (though in my testing, that snippet did not have any effect)…is it possible to do something similar in this case?

Thanks!

Cliff

Hi. Basically, what happens when an iCal-imported event gets deleted, it isn’t actually deleted from your database. We change it from a tribe_event post type to a deleted_event post type. We do this to keep track of it for future imports so you don’t keep importing an event you never want to import. This plugin might be just what you’re needing:

https://gist.github.com/andrasguseo/5f12965ce5a92927842026231b37e339

(just install the .zip of it from here, although that snippet may get updated in the future and become more current than this .zip)

Please let me know if you have any follow-up questions on this topic.

Cliff

Ah, actually I think I misunderstood your question…

You’re wanting events deleted in Google Calendar to “sync delete” in your site’s The Events Calendar… we do not have this functionality. We do not have a 2-way sync.

I’d suggest adding your vote(s) to one or both of these existing feature requests:

Sorry for my initial misunderstanding, but please do let me know if you have any follow-up q’s about this.

Thanks!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Syncing Deleted Events’ is closed to new replies.