Sync with google calendar

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Sync with google calendar

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Pauline

Hello,
    I see that “The reader can add the event to his/her Google Calendar or iCal too. Isn’t that awesome?”
    Do you know if the all calendar can be added / synchronised to his/her Google calendar with the free plugin ? And if an event is added / modified, is it synchronised ?

Thank you

Pauline

Cliff

Hi, Pauline.

We do not have any 2-way sync (like copying to your Google Calendar and then making edits there that sync back to your WP calendar), but if someone adds your calendar’s iCal URL to their Google Calendar (subscribes), it’s up to Google to keep it updated–but, yes, it should work the way it sounded like you’re expecting it to.

You can try it for yourself at our demo site. See the export button at the bottom of these and other pages (feel free to click around the site):

And yes, all these export buttons come with the free/core version of The Events Calendar.

Please let me know if you have any follow-up questions on this topic.

Pauline

Thank you very much for your help
    Is there a year view? Or do they have to subscribe every month to my events?
    My point: I ve got an event every wenesday and i want my collegues to subscribe to my calendar (on their google calendar) just one time.
    Thank you
    Pauline

Cliff

Here’s an installable .zip file (install it at your Plugins screen) that adds two URLs:

1. example.com/events/?ical=1&tribe_display=recently-published
    2. example.com/events/?ical=1&tribe_display=year

The first is useful when folks are trying to use the iCal importer to pull events from one website to another. It will contain any recently published or modified events. Note: It is subject to the postsperpage setting in WP-Admin > Events > Settings.

The second exports this year’s events (from January through December).

If preferable, there’s a code snippet to share just the events one year out from today. Let me know if this plugin works for you or if you want the code for exporting one year from today.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Sync with google calendar’ is closed to new replies.