Switching Status of RSVP does not Switch for Admin

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Switching Status of RSVP does not Switch for Admin

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Ronald Horne
    Participant

Hello Modern Tribe Folks:
    At your urging, I am using RSVP for some of the free classes we are offering, primarily because users can cancel and then pick another class if they need to reschedule without admin getting involved. However, when I was testing this feature today it appears that it does not work. You can go in as a user and change the status from “going” to “not going”, and click “Update RSVP”, but it does not change status in the admin. I still show up as “going”. Is there something that I am missing in the process? I have refreshed the browser to make sure. This is a pretty important piece.

Thanks for all your help.

Ron….

Sky
    Keymaster

Hi Ron,

I’m sorry to hear that you’re having problems with the RSVP status. I will try to help you get this sorted.

I just ran through this process in my test install. Here’s what I did.

* Created a user with “subscriber” role
    * Logged in as this user.
    * On a event with RSVPs, I RSVP’d to the event.
    * I then refreshed the page, and changed my status to “not going” and saved.
    * Logged out, then back in as admin.
    * Viewing the attendees list for the Event, I see the Subscriber entry, and it is marked “not going” in the status column.

If your steps were different than this, can you describe what you did to get to where you see the discrepancy?

And to clarify, when you view the attendees list, you see the RSVP but it is still marked “going” in the status column?

Thanks,
    Sky

Ronald Horne
    Participant

Hey Sky:

I think the piece I was missing was logging out and back in. I was both administrator and end-user at the time I was testing. Apparently the system was not able to update under that scenario.

Thanks so much for all your help.

Ron….

Sky
    Keymaster

Ron,

Great! Glad to hear that you got it sorted.

Please let us know if you have any questions or issues in the future.

Thanks,
    Sky

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Switching Status of RSVP does not Switch for Admin’ is closed to new replies.