Switching from Month View to List View Shows No Events

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Switching from Month View to List View Shows No Events

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    reelrock
    Participant

I’ve just migrated this plugin over to a new site and I’m still getting a feel for it, but overall, I find it pretty great to work with. I am running into a problem when switching views and I couldn’t find the answer in the related forum posts.

The site is located here: findashow.reelrocktour.com/events

Default is List View, which shows all events. When you switch to Month View, it works fine too, but if you change the month, when you go back to list view, it only shows events from that month. I see that was reported and it looks like the ability to have it return to the regular list view isn’t present yet. That’s one thing I’d like to do, but another issue is that If you go from to calendar view and back to list view, there is an option to click on Previous Events. Clicking on this always yields “No Results Found”. Can this just be a link back to the default list View?

Basically, I would like that whenever you are in list view, it always shows all the events, with no date filtering.

Nico

Hi there @reelrock,

Thanks for reaching out on this! I can help you out here…

What you describe is the default behaviour (try to move the date param when switching views).

Basically, I would like that whenever you are in list view, it always shows all the events, with no date filtering.

So, if you want to do this I can prepare a snippet for list view to ignore the tribe-bar-date parameter. Does that sound right? Or do you need this to work for other views / scenarios as well?

Please let me know about it,
    Best,
    Nico

reelrock
    Participant

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly…

So, if you want to do this I can prepare a snippet for list view to ignore the tribe-bar-date parameter. Does that sound right? Or do you need this to work for other views / scenarios as well?

Yes that’s right, plus can we also do it with the map view (if that is even getting filtered)?

Nico

Thanks for confirming!

Here’s the code, just paste in the theme (or child theme) functions.php file:

https://gist.github.com/niconerd/ac40b1c1202bf472a0ab07413134583c

Give a try an let me know about it,
    Best,
    Nico

reelrock
    Participant

That does the trick thanks!

Nico

Glad to hear it worked 🙂

I’ll go ahead and close out this thread, but if you need help with anything else please don’t hesitate to create a new one and we will be happy to assist you.

Best,
    Nico

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Switching from Month View to List View Shows No Events’ is closed to new replies.