Swedish translation, why is nothing happening?

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Swedish translation, why is nothing happening?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    gavlekommun
    Participant

Hi,

We been waiting for some key translations for the eventscalendar for over 6 months now, why is nothing getting approved? There are currently 236 waiting for approval on translate.wordpress.org. We are getting to a point where we have to look for other options, which i think is shame since you guys have a really good product.

Hope you step it up, regards Joakim Silfverberg

Geoff B.

Good afternoon Joakim and welcome back!

Thank you for reaching out to us.

We are sorry to hear about the Swedish translations not being approved.
    I would love to help you with this topic.

We been waiting for some key translations for the eventscalendar for over 6 months now, why is nothing getting approved?

I totally understand where you are coming from. 6 months is quite a long time!

The short answer is that the control for approval of the language files of our free plugins ( the Events Calendar and Event Tickets Plus) lies in the hands of the Swedish Glotpress Community: https://make.wordpress.org/polyglots/teams/?locale=sv_SE

In other words, there is literally very little we can do about the approval process of these files.
    But the good news is that you can.

I would recommend reaching out to the locale managers (using one of the methods recommended on the page – I usually find Slack to be quite effective).

That will enable you to find out why these have not yet been approved and perhaps even request to become a project translation editor in Swedish for the Events Calendar and Event Tickets.

In fact, if you choose to do so, please let me know, we like to reward our engaged customers with free licenses as a token of our appreciation for the translation work.

The reason why we cannot tackle this ourselves is because each Glotpress community requires its members to be fluent in the community’s language (in this case Swedish).

As a side note, I just ensured that any pending translation for our premium plugin in Swedish was approved.

The other good news is if you do not want to wait, there is literally nothing stopping you from using your own version of the language file without having to wait after the Glotpress community.

You can read all about it here: https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/how-to-override-plugin-language-files/

Let me know if that helps.

Have a great day!

Geoff B.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Swedish translation, why is nothing happening?’ is closed to new replies.