Suppress PHP notice about WP E-commerce depreciation

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Suppress PHP notice about WP E-commerce depreciation

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    liblogger
    Participant

Hello – I’m doing some compatibility checking with Event Tickets Plus (and Events Calendar Pro) with WooCommerce and plugin I’m developing, and I’m getting snowed under by repeated instances of the PHP notice about WP E-commerce support being discontinued – is it possible for me to disable this notice without causing errors? It’s not clear from the notice where it’s being triggered.

Cliff

Hi. We always like hearing about people making customizations! šŸ™‚

Please enableĀ WP_DEBUGĀ andĀ WP_DEBUG_LOG (which will create a file on your server at /wp-content/debug.log if there are any WP_DEBUG messages).

It should tell you where these notices are coming from. If you can’t figure it out, please share the full debug information it generates.

FYI: You should always have WP_DEBUG enabled whenever coding something new so it will be good for you to have this enabled anyway!

Please let me know how this goes for you.

liblogger
    Participant

Hello – thanks for getting back to me. I do have debug logging turned on – the log was filling up with multiple instances of the notice:

[23-May-2017 15:07:03 UTC] PHP Notice: [site]\wp-content\plugins\event-tickets-plus\src\Tribe\Commerce\WPEC\Main.php is deprecated since version 4.4.8 with no alternative available. Event Tickets Plus will discontinue support for WP E-Commerce in an upcoming release. in [site]\wp-includes\functions.php on line 3961

That file ( …\WPEC\Main.php ) has a ‘depreciated’ status, I don’t know how to disable it without making things worse. It fires a couple of times every time a page is loaded (front end or dashboard).

I’ve also discovered that if I deactivate WooCommerce while Event Tickets Plus is activated, the site fails completely with the following error:

[24-May-2017 08:57:20 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function WC() in [site]\wp-content\plugins\event-tickets-plus\src\Tribe\Commerce\WooCommerce\Main.php on line 243

If my own plugin is off but the Modern Tribe plugins and WooCommerce are on, the only error message I get is the one about WPEC – but obviously I need to be able to check conflicts between my plugin and yours independently of WooCommerce…

Cliff

Thanks for these details (and sorry about the delayed reply).

As I’m sure you understand, deprecating it is saying it’s no longer supported. Are you trying to run WPEC alongside ET+ butĀ not use themĀ together? (FYI: It will eventually remove any and all support for WPEC.)

Do you haveĀ both WPEC and WooCommerce on this same site?

If WooCommerce is disabled, what page(s) are you able to see that PHP Fatal error at (so I can try to reproduce on my testing site)?

liblogger
    Participant

I found that I couldn’t reproduce this error on a different test site, so stripped the first site down and tried again, and the problem seems to have resolved – can’t pin down what was triggering the fatal error, but it looks like our current site theme has a function to reposition the tickets on the events template, and this references WPEC (with the added complication that I’d obviously tested the code in the WP default theme, so it was being triggered there as well).

That’s what I get for trying to finalise too many changes to the site at once – recent changes to your plugins and Woocommerce mean I need to overhaul the theme (case in point – that function to reposition the ticket form is redundant as it’s now an option in the plugin), but as my own plugin will have an impact on the way the site displays content, I didn’t want to have to make further changes to the theme when that was finished – clearly juggling the two didn’t quite work…

Cliff

Thanks very much for your effort here. I’m glad you’ve got things sorted for now.

Have a good week.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Suppress PHP notice about WP E-commerce depreciation’ is closed to new replies.